Leica Biosystems - CM1520
by Leica Biosystems

Leica Biosystems CM1520 Forums

Updated  Jan 12 2024
1 Reply

I noted that a fairly new Leica 1520 comes with 315 grams of R452A refrigerant. Does anyone know if this will be the norm - will all of the cryostat manufacturers be switching to this refrigerant, instead of R404A (which is about to be phased out)?
I did note that it does still use a Danfoss SC15G compressor (which now has a sticker on it saying "R452A"). And, unfortunately, it also still has the double e-valve.

RE: Leica Biosystems - CM1520
0 Replies

Leica CM1520 cryostat. I am looking for the current part number for the expansion valve module. I was told that the e-valve module from the CM1850 would work, but Leica says that both part numbers I have for that have been discontinued, with no replacement. I have been unable to find a service manual or parts list for the 1520.

1 Reply

There are two solenoids behind the lower front panel (upper right) of the Leica CM1520 cryostat. One of the solenoids, I presume, is for the defrost circuit. Can anyone tell me what the second solenoid is for? Does anyone have a service manual or any service literature?

Updated  Jan 16 2020
1 Reply

We are looking for a comparable product for our university teaching lab for biology. Please advise.

Updated  Jan 16 2020
1 Reply

Cost of equipment and 3 yr warranty please?

Updated  Jan 4 2017
7 Replies

Looking for the procedure for a Leica CM1520 cryostat Maintenance reminder light reset

Start a Thread

Equipment Name: Leica Biosystems - CM1520
SIGN IN FIRST
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree