Arrow AutoCAT 2 WAVE® IABP
Intra-aortic Balloon Pump system
The Revolutionary Arrow AutoCAT 2 WAVE® IABP System
AutoCAT 2 WAVE® IABP System It’s about TIME your arrhythmic IABP patients get the support they need!
Finally, a revolutionary technology is available to provide counterpulsation support to the most unstable of IABP patients, those with tachyarrhythmias and variable pulse pressures, all while maintaining 1:1 assist and with full IAB volume delivery to the catheter. The AutoCAT 2 WAVE IABP console, when combined with FiberOptix™ IAB technology, utilizes a unique, patented physiologic timing algorithm called WAVE®* that provides uncompromised patient support to a broad range of patients. Yes, even severely arrhythmic patients can now be consistently managed with unprecedented timing accuracy.1
The AutoCAT 2 WAVE IABP System with AutoPilot™ Operation
* Designed to meet the needs of the busy clinician, AutoPilot mode of operation adjusts its timing and triggering parameters to optimize counterpulsation support to patients under a wide range of conditions, from predictably stable to the unpredictably unstable, ALL WITHOUT USER INTERVENTION. It’s more than a sophisticated new pump designed for hands-off operation. It’s a whole new category, the first and only IAB system that uses fiber-optic technology and a physiology-based timing algorithm, WAVE, to deliver beat-specific support.
* Early inflation of the IAB within the cardiac cycle has been shown to severely compromise left ventricular function.2 When used with the FiberOptix IAB catheter, the AutoCAT 2 WAVE system calculates patient Aortic Flow on a beat-to-beat basis, instantaneously determining the aortic valve closure point FOR THAT BEAT. Aortic Flow timing sets inflation BEAT TO BEAT automatically, matching inflation of the balloon to within 12 msec of the time of aortic valve closure even with severe arrhythmias.1
* Clinical evaluation of the WAVE timing algorithm verifies Aortic Flow Timing by matching inflation with aortic valve closure, thus improving patient support by virtually eliminating Intra-Aortic Balloon inflation timing errors in most instances.1
* During arrhythmias, automatic R-wave deflation, coupled with Aortic Flow Timing, delivers the first truly Closed-Loop IABP timing system.1
Now, even patients with marked arrhythmias can be more consistently supported than ever before!
WAVE = Windkessel Aortic Valve Equation and is available ONLY from Arrow International
* The WAVE is what drives the Arrow AutoCAT 2 WAVE system.
Arrow AutoCAT 2 WAVE® IABP
Manuals and Resources
Note: We appreciate the support of individuals and companies making their documents and resources available to our community. If you find a document or resource that does not belong please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Link to more information