Servicing the GE Definium Family: Definium 6000/8000, Discovery XR650/XR656, Optima XR640/XR646
Students learn how to fully service and calibrate these single and dual detector systems.
Start Date: Monday, May 3 2021
End Date: Friday, May 7 2021
The GE Definium Family training course covers a wide variety of GE’s latest DR (Digital Radiography) systems.
The Definium Family course is a skills development course designed to provide the experienced service professional with the skills necessary to fully service and calibrate these single & dual detector systems. All Definium family products are built around the JEDI generator platform. Systems that will be covered in this course include:
- Definium 6000
- Definium 8000
- Discovery XR650
- Discovery XR656
- Optima XR640
- Optima XR646
To attend this course, the service professional must have a good understanding of the principles gained through attending Phase II or two years equivalent experience in servicing RAD equipment.
- Understand the similarities & difference between the Definium family products.
- Describe how factors are optimized to produce the highest quality digital images
- Describe the function of the basic components of each GE Definium family digital radiographic unit
- Demonstrate an understanding of the installation procedures associated with the GE Definium
- Perform the necessary digital performance monitoring and quality assurance procedures utilizing the GE Definium
- Perform all system calibrations and adjustments to maintain the highest quality images
- Evaluate circuit functions to facilitate troubleshooting
- Perform a complete and thorough preventive maintenance inspection on the unit