Digital Mammography: Hologic Selenia
Students will learn how to evaluate image quality problems, determine if the mammographic unit is the source of the image problem, and take the appropriate steps to correct the deficiency.
Start Date: Monday, Apr 26 2021
End Date: Friday, Apr 30 2021
Mammography may be the most dynamic of all of today’s imaging modalities. With the new regulatory and accreditation procedures, and advancements in technology, the service professional is becoming more involved in maintaining the quality of the mammographic images produced. This course is designed to give the service professional the insight to evaluate image quality problems, determine if the mammographic unit is the source of the image problem and take the appropriate steps to correct the deficiency.
Given today’s regulatory environment maintaining the system at peak performance is of the utmost importance.
At the completion of this course students will be able to perform all Selenia system maintenance procedures including:
- System installation
- Gantry maintenance
- DROC maintenance
- Imaging chain maintenance
- Detector pixel mapping
- Preventive maintenance
To attend this course, the service professional must have attended Phase I and possess fundamental knowledge and understanding of the principles of X-ray and basic electronics.
Note: Due to copyright laws, students are required to purchase and bring to class a copy of the Selenia manuals set. Contact your dealer to order the manual set if you do not have the documentation with your system.
Example: Selenia Manual Set – P/N ASY-01516 includes: (Updated P/N’s with updated software may be available for purchase)
- 1 Manual, Selenia S/W Manual for Operators (1)
- 1 Manual, Selenia H/W Manual for Operators (2)
- 1 Manual, Selenia Installation and H/W Maintenance
- 1 Manual, Selenia Calibration and S/W Maintenance
- 1 Manual, Selenia AEC Cal
- 1 Manual, Selenia Admin Guide (AEC)
- 1 Manual, Selenia QC (AEC)
- 1 Manual, Selenia V3.X Quick Reference (AEC)
- 1 Manual, Selenia Schematics
- 1 Addendum, Selenia Install, Techmate UPS
- Identify the major components of the Selenia system
- Describe the functional characteristics of each sub-system of the Selenia system
- Describe the factors that affect digital mammographic image quality
- Describe how those factors are optimized to produce the highest quality digital mammographic images
- Complete all operator, administration, and application tasks
- Describe the function of the basic components of the Hologic Selenia mammographic unit
- Perform the necessary tests to reproduce the results of the physicist’s report to confirm corrective action
- Perform all system calibrations and adjustments to maintain the highest quality images and compliance with MQSA requirements
- Perform detector related maintenance and Pixel mapping procedures to maintain detector image quality over time
- Demonstrate UNIX competence to be able to handle DROC maintenance, backup, restore, and calibrations
- Perform complete Preventive Maintenance procedures as performed by the OEM