Principles of Servicing Computed Tomography Systems (Phase 1)
Students will learn proper operation, calibration, and preventive maintenance as well as how to perform first-level service on the computed tomography system.
Start Date: Monday, May 3 2021
End Date: Friday, May 14 2021
Principles of Servicing Computed Tomography Systems is designed for the new service professional. It teaches all the cognitive skills necessary to understand the CT system and its application to the medical industry.
The program is divided into seven major areas:
- Basic CT principles
- Safety procedures
- System operation
- Verification of system specifications
- Backing up software
- Troubleshooting to major subsystems
- Preventive maintenance
The course contains lecture, demonstration, and hands-on training, which teach participants proper operation, calibration, and preventive maintenance of the CT system. Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to perform first-level service on the computed tomography system.
It is recommended completion of Phase I or a service background and two year Associate’s Degree in electronics or equivalent service experience.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will:
- Have a thorough understanding of CT principles and image production
- Follow safety procedures for patients, physicians, and individuals
- Be able to load and backup system and diagnostic software
- Be able to completely operate the CT system including local operation
- Troubleshoot to the major subsystem level
- Perform preventive maintenance