The Biomedical Equipment Technician primarily works and provides cost-effective maintenance on company and customer-owned medical equipment to assure it is functioning properly and meets customers needs. The Biomedical Equipment Technician performs operational verification, preventive maintenance and corrective repair service, and completes all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner.
Mon Apr 12 2021
Knowledge And Physical Requirements
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in (electronics, mechanical engineering or biomedical equipment technology) or equivalent military training.
- Prior work experience in biomed service entity.
- Demonstrated competency to perform operational verification procedures, preventive maintenance and repair service on various equipment.
- Basic understanding of industry regulatory ‘requirement and ISO standards preferred
- Business management understanding to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
- Familiar with the setup and application of test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator, etc.).
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical literature, schematics and technical drawings.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills, understanding of computer networks and equipment interfacing.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Willing to travel periodically to support business.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.