Biomedical Equipment Technician I
The Biomedical Equipment Technician provides cost-effective maintenance on company and customer-owned medical equipment to assure it is functioning properly to comply with manufacturer specifications. The Biomedical Equipment Technician performs operational verification, preventive maintenance, and corrective repair service.
Mon Apr 12 2021
What You Will Do in This Role
- Provides cost-effective equipment inspection, maintenance, calibration, and repair service on a variety of medical devices.
- Completes all paperwork and computer data entry accurately and promptly to ensure complete documentation for billing and required regulatory compliance.
- Communicates with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
What You Will Need for This Role
- Associates degree in electronics, mechanical engineering, or biomedical equipment technology. Alternative qualifications include: Equivalent military training, Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET), or Certified Associate in Biomedical Technology (CABT) with one year of experience in the field.
- Must hold a current, valid, and unrestricted driver’s license. Must have a safe driving record based on Agiliti policies.
- Basic computer skills; understanding of computer networks and equipment interfacing.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required to support a 24/7 schedule.
- Willing to travel periodically to support business needs.
- Able to lift and/or push up to 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Be able to frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit, and stand for long periods of time.