Have a Heart! Follow These Preventative Maintenance Tips to Keep Your Electrocardiograph Beating.
Having heart for your EKG and ECG machines include a rigid preventative maintenance schedule. Here are a few tips to keep your electrocardiograph equipment operational.
Wed May 30 2012
Having heart for your EKG and ECG machines include a rigid preventative maintenance schedule. Below are a few tips to keep your electrocardiograph operational.
- Make sure the equipment is turned off and unplugged.
- Begin cleaning from the top of the machine and work down
- Wipe pieces with mild soapy water, and thoroughly dry with a sterile clothe.
- Use a 3:1 solution of rubbing alcohol and water to disinfect surfaces that have come in contact with any infectious or bodily fluids.
- Check to make sure all cables, knobs, keys and controls are functional.
- Check under your control panel for remnants of gel, fluids or debris. Swab keys with cleaning solutions.
Need service, parts or electrocardiograph equipment? Visit our electrocardiograph category sponsors: Advantage Medical Cables & Electronics, Norav and Mortara.
Please comment and share your cost saving and preventative maintenance tips to extend the life of your medical equipment.