The device provides eight selectable modes of pacing therapy: DDD, DVI, DDI, DOO, VOO, VVI, AOO, and AAI. High-rate, burst pacing therapy up to 800 ppm (pulses per minute), for atria1 tachyarrhythmias, is available in the asynchronous mode.The device is typically connected to temporary transvenous, epicardial or myocardial pacing leads, in a bipolar configuration, using patient cables (Medtronic Models 5433A and 5433V) or surgical cables (Medtronic Model 5832 or 55832s). The Medtronic Model 5388 temporary pacemaker is intended to be used in conjunction with a cardiac pacing lead system for temporary single or dual chamber pacing in a clinical environment. The Model 5388 can be used where short-term demand (synchronous) or asynchronous pacing is indicated for therapeutic, prophylactic or diagnostic purposes.
FORUMSView All (18)
3 years ago
Battery signal is flashing. Icon is solid. How long is battery life?Reply
6 years ago
Does anyone have the literature stating the reccomended pm frequency on this device?Reply
6 years ago
Hi there! Does anybody have a checklist of the temporary pacemaker model 5388 in order to do the preventive maintenance? Thanks, Reply
DOCUMENTS / MANUALSView All
- Simply adjusting the top three dials provides effective pacing in most clinical situations.
- Changing the pacing rate automatically adjusts other dual-chamber temporary pacing parameters.
- Pediatric patients may need a pacing rate up to 200 ppm.
- A patient's high stimulation threshold may require a ventricular output of 25 mA.
- For managing atrial tachyarrhythmias, a rapid atrial pacing rate up to 800 ppm is possible.
- The patient cable system uses protected electrical connections to increase patient safety.
- The Model 5388 incorporates the quality and durability users expect from Medtronic temporary pacemakers.
|Weight||510 g with battery|
|Pacemaker Type||External Invasive|
- Battery life:
•Alkaline: 9 days at 70 ppm and nominal settings
•Lithium: 16 days at 70 ppm and nominal settings
- Battery Type:Standard 9 V, Alkaline, or Lithium
- Base Pacing Rates: 30-200 ppm