Be efficient - comfortably!
Embed routine tissue samples into paraffin blocks for microtome sectioning comfortably and efficiently with the Thermo Scientific™ HistoStar™ Embedding Workstation. This workstation reduces fatigue and potential errors common when using other uncomfortable, hot or poorly illuminated embedding centers.
FORUMSView All (2)
19 days ago
|HistoStar embedding center - tissue tank not getting hot enough|
If anyone has a service manual, for the HistoStar, to upload, that would be wonderful. The customer says that the tissue storage tank (or perhaps the mold storage oven) is not getting hot enough. The paraffin tank is melted, and it dispenses, so the issue is only with one of the two storage areas (I wasn't clear which of the two they were speaking of). How close in electronic design is this to the HistoCentre 3? Can one get into the service mode in a similar fashion? Does it use the same thermistors, as does the Histocentre 3, for temperature sensors?Reply
6 months ago
We have som leakage of paraffin on the Dispense Lever Position Adjustment Knob. Where is the problem?Reply
DOCUMENTS / MANUALSView All
- Brightly illuminated and clutter free - user-adjustable LED lighting uniformly illuminates the workspace without the clutter of awkward remote lamps
- Cool and contoured - smooth and insulated user contact points constructed to eliminate pressure points and uncomfortable heat conditions
- High capacity for high efficiency - 5-liter paraffin capacity, cold plate area for 72 base molds, large heated workspace and specimen holding area enables users to manage heavy workflow in even the busiest laboratories
- Handle any sample size with ease - workstation offers the first adjustable paraffin dispense paddle; a simple adjustment moves the paddle to the most ergonomic position for each user; embed even Super Mega Cassettes with ease
- Intuitive user interface - large, easy-to-read touchscreen display allows quick access to temperature controls and other parameters