The Medtronic Covidien Puritan Bennett 840 is a ventilation system that offers the PAV+ software that supports a more natural breathing pattern, making it easier for the patient to breathe. The Puritan Bennett 840 can provide ventilation for patients ranging from neonates to adults. The PB ventilator system comes with an LCD touchscreen display. The touchscreen can help you adjust the settings while monitoring the patient. The Puritan Bennett 840 ventilator system is the predecessor to the Puritan Bennett 980.
SERVICE COMPANIESView All Ventilator Companies
- Advanced Technology: DualView touchscreens, High-performance pneumatics, and dual-microprocessor electronics.
- Easy Upgrades: Software can be upgraded and customized to meet future clinical needs.
- Enhanced noninvasive ventilation (NIV) with a stable respiratory drive.
- Data Integration: Supports communication with all major patient monitoring and hospital information systems for use in electronic data transfer.
- Optional Clinivision Mobile Patient Charting software provides the ability to practice evidence-based medicine.
- Low Overall Cost of Ownership: The Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilator is engineered with high-volume environments in mind. It is durable, reliable, and easy to service.
- Modes: Assist/Control, synchronous intermittent mandatory ventilation, or spontaneous
- Respiratory Rates: 1.0 to 100/min
- Inspiratory Pressure: 5 to 90 cm H2O
- Inspiratory Time: 0.2 to 8.0 seconds
- I:E Ratio: ≤ 1:299-4.00:1
- Expiratory Time: Te ≥ 0.2 second
- PEEP: 0 to 45 cm H2O
- Apnea Insp. Pressure: 5 to 90 cm H2O
- Apnea Insp. Time: 0.2 to 8.0 seconds
- Apnea Interval:l 10 to 60 seconds
- Apnea Resp. Rate: 2.0 to 40/min
- Apnea I:E Ratio: ≤ 1.00:1
- Apnea Exp. Time: ≥ 0.2 second