The UF-5000/UF-4000, based on Sysmex’s globally renowned fluorescence flow cytometry (FFC)technology, represents the latest in urinalysis technology. It can operate as an independent analyser, or as part of the modular UN-Series for a truly walkaway, seamless urinalysis work flow solution from sample loading to the final digital image. Load and leave. Greater diagnostic significance
DOCUMENTS / MANUALSView All
- Body Fluids
The new technology opens up many unexplored diagnostic avenues. The integrated body fluid mode is available at the flick of a switch and delivers seven diagnostic parameters in BF mode. Clinical investigation of bacterial or viral infections in body fluids is possible through the WBC differentiation and bacterial count.
- Bacterial detection
Further diagnostic significance is obtained thanks to the new blue laser, which offers greater sensitivity. Bacteria are stained with the new RFID dye reagents, contributing to greater accuracy for measurement and differentiation.
- UTI infections
The new Gram pos / Gram negative flag provides valuable information as the clinician in understanding the patient with a UTI infection. The UF offers a faster and far easier way than the classic gram staining to provide the same information. You can now identify UTIs faster and reliably, to support clinical decisions in the choice of antibiotics to prescribe.
Historically, it has been challenging to differentiate RBC and crystals. Using the depolarised side scatter light in the FFC technology, results can indicate the presence and degree of haematuria. The analysis can also differentiate epithelial cells and casts.
It offers a total of seventeen parameters in urine mode.
While the UF-5000 can be used as an excellent independent analyser, it truly lives up to its potential as an integral part of the UN-Series in a load and leave configuration. Place the samples in the rack, and simply let the system configuration do its work. If the samples are negative, all the better. If a closer look is warranted, digital images can be generated from the UD-10.
Modular concept: easy to combine with other members of the UN-Series (UC-3500 and UD-10) for a fully automated urinalysis workflow.
With the introduction of the Urinalysis Work Area Information Management System (U-WAM), Sysmex can improve the workflow efficiency of the new urinalysis series.
- Flow cytometry counts and classifies cells through measurements of forward scatter light (FSC), side scatter light (SSC), side fluorescent light (SFL) and depolarized side scattered light (DSS)
- Fluorescence Flow Cytometry is now performed with a blue laser (488 nm)
- Two different analysis channels (surface and core)
- Depolarised side scattered (DSS) light signal
- RBC, NL RBC, WBC, WBC Clumps, EC, Squa.EC, Non SEC, Tran.EC, RTEC, CAST, Hy.CAST, Path.CAST, BACT, X’TAL, YLC, SPERM, MUCUS, Lysed RBC, SRC, Atyp.C, DEBRIS, Cond., Osmo., SF_TC, CW_TC, CB_TC, SF_OTHERS, CW_OTHERS
- Body fluid
- RBC, WBC, MN#, MN%, PMN#, PMN%, EC, TNC, BACT
- Urinary tract infection information flag
- Bacteria information flag
- Red blood cells morphology information flag