The NU-620R uses an impeller and HEPA filter in both the supply module at the top of the unit as well as in the exhaust module at the bottom to turn the work zone in between into a vertical “piston of air.” The transfer station’s supply impeller at the top of the “piston” draws air down through a prefilter and propels it past a supply HEPA filter and towards the work zone to create a clean air environment. From there, the exhaust impeller at the bottom of the “piston” pulls the downflow air through the slots in the work surface to provide allergen containment. It continues to suck all the air past an exhaust pre-filter before pushing it out an exhaust HEPA filter at the bottom of the transfer station. This “push-pull” airflow passes through a work surface divided by air grills into clean and dirty areas and a work zone configured with the deep wells and feeder holders that the Innovive™ cage changing process requires.
DIRTY CAGE COLLECTION
- After the lab rat cage change process, a collection bin can be placed on the foldable shelf to collect dirty cages. The open bag from the sterile rat cages can be placed in the collection bin. As each animal is placed in a clean cage, the dirty cage can be stacked in the collection bin. After a stack of Innocage® IVC Rat Cages has been used; the technician can close the dirty bag and remove it from the collection bin for disposal.
DEEP WELL FOR INNOCAGE® ICV RAT CAGES
- The work surface of the Animal Transfer Station Innovive® Rat Edition features a deep well in the clean segment of the work zone. The deep well allows a technician to place a sterile stack of Innocage® IVC Rat Caging and open the bag under HEPA-filtered air to begin the cage-changing process.
IN WORKZONE FEED HOLDERS
- A package of Innocage® rat sterile feeders can be opened and stored in a holder under HEPA-filtered air, maximizing sterility. In addition, the in work zone holders allow a lab animal technician to access a feeder quickly, improving the cage-changing procedure.
NU-620R WORK SURFACE
- The work surface features a pattern of air slots along the perimeter and across the interior of the work surface to segment the clean and dirty cage areas. At the same time, a left-side deep well allows for an easy-to-reach and space-saving area to place the stack of Innocage® IVC Rat Cages.
- CONTROL SYSTEM AeroMax
- DOWNFLOW FPM (M/S) 80 FPM (0.38 m/s)
- PROTECTION Product
- WORK ACCESS OPENING(S) 14-inch (356mm)