Smiths Medical - Medfusion 3500
Manufactured by Smiths Medical
DESCRIPTIONThe Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump is an ambulatory syringe pump that runs on either AC current or on rechargeable internal batteries.
Syringe infusion pumps deliver small doses of medication from a variety of syringe sizes in acute care settings.
The Medfusion® 3500 syringe pump is designed to enhance safety while maintaining simplicity to deliver individualized care to patients of all ages. For more than 15 years the Medfusion® syringe pump platform has been recognized for its accurate medication delivery in critical care and the operating room.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSView All
19 days ago
|Recall serial # list|
Does anyone have the attachment 2 which lists the serial #s for the recallReply
a month ago
|3500 Calibration Kit|
Where can I buy a calibration kit for this modelReply
9 months ago
|Force Sensor Calibration|
During PM activities, the force sensor check failed and the pump recommended recaling the force sensor. However, when doing so, the instument cannot achieve a count within the max (554) and min (390) limits for the high standard. Has anyone experienced this same problem; if so, could it be repaired inhouse or must the system be sent in to the vendor for a sensor replacement?
DOCUMENTS / MANUALS
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCEView All
- The Medfusion® 3500 auto-default feature promotes your facility’s policies and procedures for medication administration and safety.
- From the moment the pump is powered on, the pump defaults to use the established drug protocols set by your hospital’s pharmacists, so that nursing staff are able to quickly start an infusion with the safety of drug libraries supporting them.
- Hard and soft limits set by your Pharmacist, for each drug and profile, protect against medication errors regardless of your patient’s size or where in the hospital they are receiving care.
- FlowSentry™ monitor provides unmatched pressure sensing technology for earlier clinical intervention.
- Automatically detects various syringe types and sizes, from 1mL to 60mL. A compatible syringe list can be updated to current syringe models from major manufacturers.
- Ergonomic, easy-to-use, horizontal design helps protect the entire syringe barrel and allows single-handed loading of the syringe.
- The large screen, , features high visibility TALLman lettering that displays the full drug name to differentiate look-alike, sound-alike drug names and concentrations.
|Flow Accuracy||2 %|
|Infusion Pump Type||Ambulatory|
St. Paul, Minn., September 14, 2011 –> Smiths Medical, a leading global medical device manufacturer, announced today it has launched the PharmGuard® Anesthesia Software Service (P.A.S.S.), providing anesthesiologists and pharmacists with the convenience of a customer-specific drug library entered into their Medfusion® 3500 syringe infusion pumps prior to shipping the pumps to them.<br /> <br /> The new service helps hospitals comply with the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation (APSF) recommendation that infusions should be delivered by an electronically-controlled smart device containing a drug library.1 It will help hospitals reduce medication and pump programming errors.<br /> <br /> PharmGuard® medication safety software is a Windows-based PC application that allows hospital pharmacists to create and enter customized drug libraries and then download those to Medfusion® 3500 syringe pumps. However, with clinicians’ busy schedules and priority to care for their patients, they can now take advantage of Smiths Medical’s PharmGuard® Anesthesia Software Service that offers the ease and convenience of entering the drug libraries for customers.<br><br> <br><br> The hospital team fills out a template to create their drug library. Smiths Medical’s team of professionals enters the drug library created by the hospital into the Medfusion® 3500 pumps. The Medfusion® 3500 pumps are shipped to the customer ready to use for anesthesia.<br /> By entering hospitals’ customized drug libraries into their Medfusion® 3500 pumps, Smiths Medical is helping facilitate the use of a simple, safe and smart infusion system, that can meet the APSF’s recommendation for improving medication safety in the operating room. About Smiths Medical ><br /> Smiths Medical www.smiths-medical.com is a leading supplier of specialized medical devices and equipment for global markets, focusing on the medication delivery, vital care and safety devices market segments. It is part of Smiths Group www.smiths.com, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs around 22,000 people in more than 50 countries.<br><br>
Smiths Medical announced that it is voluntarily initiating a global recall of Medfusion® Syringe Infusion Pumps, Models 3010a and 3500, manufactured from August 2008 to June 10, 2009.