Smoke Evacuation System
The AER DEFENSE Smoke Evacuator is CONMED's new surgical smoke evacuation system intended to remove smoke, aerosols and noxious odors produced during electrosurgical procedures. The AER DEFENSE offers four different modes of operation which makes it the most versatile smoke evacuator on the market and is 11% (7dBA) quieter than our previous model. The ULPA-grade filter is 99.9995% efficiency at 0.1 micron particle size with a filter life of up to 35 hours. The AER DEFENSE coupled with the CONMED GoldVac Smoke Evacuation Pencil provide an exceptional combination to protect your staff and patients from the hazards of surgical smoke in the OR.
FORUMSView All (1)
a year ago
|Service Manual/Replacment filters
Does anyone have a service manual for this unit? We are trying to order replacement filters and need the part number.Reply
DOCUMENTS / MANUALSView All
- The first stage filtration is a prefilter whose function is to trap and remove gross particulate and casual fluid.
- The second stage filtration is a VLSI (Very Large Scale Integrated) grade ULPA (Ultra Low Penetration Air) filter whose high-tech patented design captures particulates and micro-organisms down to 0.012 µm at an efficiency of 99.99995%. Each VLSI grade ULPA filter is pretested and certified before use.
- The third stage filtration uses the highest grade virgin coal grade activated carbon for the removal and adsorption of odors and toxic gases produced by cauterization of tissue. These harmful gases may constitute a health hazard to healthcare professionals who are subjected to prolonged exposure. The activated carbon used in the CONMED 1000SESTM preferentially removes toxic organic gases rather than water vapor and provides optimal odor removal.
- The fourth stage filtration is an expanded foam and paper media used to trap activated carbon fines from migrating out of the filter. The first, second and fourth stages of the CONMED 1000SESTM Filter have been impregnated with a chemical agent. The chemical agent has been applied with a patented process that prevents the agent from being washed or blown off the filter media.
- Height: 14.25 in ( 36.2 cm)
- Width: 12.38 in (34 cm)
- Length: 18.25 in (46.4 cm)
- Weight: 25.5 lbs. (11.6 kg)