Temperature Monitor Forums

1 Reply

What are some good calibrators for checking accuracy of temporal and infrared patient thermometers?

Updated  Apr 26 2021
1 Reply

I am trying to do a check on on some new units and I can't get the battery to kick in since it is a part of the operational verification. I tried just unplugging the unit while it was on, or trying to press the power "button" while it was not plugged in. Any help it appreciated. Thank you.

RE: Stryker - Altrix
2 Replies

Hi: We have had the Exergen TAT 5000 temporal Thermometers in our hospital for several years without many problems. We had to send a few back for repairs (say 1 or so per month). Now that the units are cleaning them more often because of Covid, and because they are having troubles sourcing the usual Cavi-wipes that were used to clean these, we are seeing about 15 to 20 per month with problems. Some we can revive, but most we have to ship back. Are others running into similar problems? Also: Our Emergency department wants to go to a non-contact infrared thermometers. Does nay one have a brand they can recommend?

RE: Exergen - Temporal Scanner - TAT 5000
Updated  Aug 25 2020
3 Replies

Does anyone know of a method to fix a TAT 5000 that always reads HI?

1 Reply

what's the pm consist of?

RE: Stryker - Altrix
Updated  Jan 23 2017
1 Reply

Most of our TAT vs Axillary temperatures are about 0.3-0.4 degrees different but occasionally get a more varied comparison. Is it most likely due to user error?

1 Reply

You should normally be getting reproducible results, or results within a few tenths of a degree of each other. However, a few things to know: Multiple temperatures taken over the same area in rapid succession will ultimately cool the area causing differences. If sweating, the temperature on the neck behind the ear lobe becomes the overriding temperature, and since this area is not quite as stable as the temporal artery, it can easily cooled be by the thermometer in taking multiple readings. Remember, the probe of thermometer will be at room temperature, and is about 30 degrees Fahrenheit (17 degrees Celsius) cooler than body temperature. www.exergen.com

RE: Exergen - TemporalScanner™ TAT-2000C

Ask a Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree