Cryostat Forums

0 Replies

Leica Biosystems - CM3050 S
Hi I need to replace the Fan motor and Wing on the Cryostat. I am not sure where it is located and how to access it. Could anyone please help? Thanks

RE: Leica Biosystems - CM3050 S
Updated  Oct 15 2020
1 Reply

Leica Biosystems - CM1950
We have a pretty new Leica CM1950 and the device has a blinking red wrench on the panel. The PM has just been done recently and the device has no apparent issues other than the blinking light. Is there a way to reset this and make it go away?

RE: Leica Biosystems - CM1950
Added  Sep 21 2020
0 Replies

A client has four Leica CM1950 cryostats. The two older ones are leaking refrigerant in the object cooling system. One has a very slow leak, but the other one is leaking faster and faster. It appears to be in the flexible liquid line. I checked the service manual, but couldn't find a part number. Does anyone know the part number? Has anyone replaced these?

1 Reply

Leica Biosystems - CM1850
Do you have el. diagram for temp sensors on the board? Thx

RE: Leica Biosystems - CM1850
Updated  Jul 1 2020
2 Replies

Richard-Allan Scientific - Microm HM525 NX
Microm HM525 NX The microtome base gets colder than the evaporator coil. This is especially a problem since there appears to be no way to shut off the daily defrost (which only defrosts the evap coil); having the microtome base that cold means that the ice builds up on the microtome base. I know there are cooling coils under the base of the microtome, but I'm not sure what the configuration is, or how those coils relate to the coils in the evaporator. Has anyone seen this issue? What did you find?

RE: Richard-Allan Scientific - Microm HM525 NX
Updated  Jun 26 2020
2 Replies

Richard-Allan Scientific - Microm HM525 NX
Microm HM525 NX The microtome base gets colder than the evaporator coil. This is especially a problem since there appears to be no way to shut off the daily defrost (which only defrosts the evap coil); having the microtome base that cold means that the ice builds up on the microtome base. I know there are cooling coils under the base of the microtome, but I'm not sure what the configuration is, or how those coils relate to the coils in the evaporator. Has anyone seen this issue? What did you find?

RE: Richard-Allan Scientific - Microm HM525 NX
Updated  Aug 16 2020
3 Replies

Hi all, I am looking for some help on accessing the service and other tabs on the CM1950. I need the username and password. I am trying to figure out why the "red wrench" fades in and out over a sectioning session. Thanks. Any and all help is much appreciated.

1 Reply

Hi all, I am looking for some help on accessing the service and other tabs on the CM1950. I need the username and password. I am trying to figure out why the "red wrench" fades in and out over a sectioning session. Thanks. Any and all help is much appreciated.

Updated  Jul 31 2020
2 Replies

Our Leica CM1950 Cryostat Microtome Wrench Icon is on. We have connected the RJ45 crossover and got into the menu but we found the roadblock with the username/password. Unfortunately, reading previous post to the Forum did not help much.

1 Reply

Avantik - QS11/QS11UV
Turned it on and hours later it is hot. What is wrong?

RE: Avantik - QS11/QS11UV

Ask a Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree