Ventilator, Gas Machine Forums

1 Reply

I am helping a surgeon with his Ohmeda 7800 vent off this Exel 210 Anesthesia machine. Nice American technology from the late 1980s using the 8031 ROMless 8051 processor. Nice to see this - something serviceable but there are no technicians in Dallas or perhaps anywhere else who will touch it. He is faced with possibly having to purchase a new machine due to a voltage calibration error on the vent (Vent fail 6 as above). I want to test the vent away from the anesthesia machine and calibrate the voltages as per the service manual. 

I noted that the vent does not operate as soon as the DB25 cable is removed from the machine. This cable interfaces the oxygen sensor on the machine to allow the user consolidate FiO2 and O2 level warnings onto the 7800. However, the 7800 also receives some sort of signal from the Excel 210 which powers 'on' the vent through this DB25 connector.  This signal no doubt comes in the form of either a switch closure (or opening) or a voltage level on one or more pins as the vent 'turns on' when both its switch is 'on' and the anesthesia machine switch is 'on'.

What is the 'hack' to apply to the female DB25 end of the cable to allow the vent to operate off the machine. The O2 functions will, of course, not work without the sensor and associated circuitry but perhaps I can turn 'on' the vent while it's away from the machine if I can simulate the 'on' state of the machine thru the cable.

Perhaps there is not an easy hack to emulate connection to the machine but I would assume this vent can run independent of the machine with the proper inputs.

BTW, the vent won't go into calibrate mode off the machine apparently.

The very last page (9-20), page 286, shows the pinout of this connector that feeds 15 wires to the internal workings of the vent.

Cheers!

RE: Datex Ohmeda - 7800
Updated  Feb 21 2024
1 Reply

My equipment is not switching to auto mode

Equipment: Aeonmed - 8700A

RE: Aeonmed - 8700A
Updated  Feb 28 2023
1 Reply

sele hizo todo el mantenimiento, pero no enciendo

RE: Penlon - AV900
Updated  Jul 29 2022
2 Replies

I want a brochure for Ohmeda 7000

Equipment: Ohmeda7000

RE: Datex Ohmeda - Ohmeda 7000
2 Replies

Does anyone have information about the cable connections for the install of a Smart Vent 7900 to the Excel and Modulus machines? I currently have a Modulus ll with a 7810 Vent and an Excel SE ll with a 7810 as well. What do I need to upgrade them to the 7900 vents as I have several and would like to employ them.

RE: Datex Ohmeda - SmartVent 7900
2 Replies

we would like to received service manuak ohmeda 7900 smart vent

RE: Datex Ohmeda - SmartVent 7900
Updated  Apr 29 2021
1 Reply

I leak tested one of our units and these were the results: Leak Level 1533 ml/min; BSYS Comp: 9.0 ml/cmH2O. What recommendations do you have for me to troubleshoot this very extensive leak level? Thank you in advance!

RE: DRE - AV-S
Updated  Mar 11 2021
2 Replies

Hellow everyone need help with maintenance service manual for aeonmed Oricare V8600 manufacturer Beijing aeonmed ltd

RE: Aeonmed - 8600A
Updated  Jun 22 2020
1 Reply

Need the service manual for this machine

RE: Aeonmed - 8700A
Updated  Oct 11 2018
1 Reply

Does anyone have the Porter AVS 5000 service manual and parts list...

RE: Penlon - AV500

Ask a Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree