Asset Management Forums

1 Reply

Hi. we're currently doing a lot of rebuilding and reshuffling at the hospital i work at, this means half of the building is very new and modern. some of it is stuck in the 80s. and even more of it is stuck in the 60s. this also means we have several different types of equipment rails. and as a result, we keep running into this annoying issue where we have some type of Equpment mount which doesn't fit our new equipment rails. does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of the different equipment rail standards? so i dont have to keep describing the shape and size of our equipment rails to suppliers whenever we need new mounts? thanks :)

Updated  Feb 14 2022
2 Replies

Please can someone explain more on GE Healthcare-AssetPlus

RE: GE HealthCare - AssetPlus
Updated  Jan 16 2020
3 Replies

Am asking if there's a cmms software for a medium company. 1000 machines,12 engineers

Added  Mar 22 2019
0 Replies

I would recommend adding PM time to perform when you add a PM schedule. Please don't "wing it", but use your own historical data. Export out a 3 year total of you workorders, combine the hours through some excel magic, and create a pivot table by equipment type. Use these values as a starting point and adjust as necessary. This has several benefits. You can bench mark your technicians, you can properly distribute work load, and you can track efficiency year to year. Please remember that to accomplish something you have never done, you must try somethings you have never tried before.

RE: Phoenix Data Systems - AIMS
Updated  Feb 5 2019
3 Replies

I am looking to opinions on a RFID asset tracking solution for a small facility. Thanks

0 Replies

One of the best built in reports in AIMS for measuring Corrective Maintenance performance is Service Performance Analysis. Under Reports, choose Performance and Quality reports. Select Service Performance Analysis. I choose the Corrective Maintenance work order type, filter to the desired dates, and sort by work order type. Using this tool helps me see my average turnaround time and average response time as well. You can even filter by technician. This helps me accurate compare employees, identify opportunities, and establish shop goals. An example of how I use it to measure response: Percent in first 24 hours. I select measure time to Response, Period in to Hours, and period increments to 0-25-29-73-97. This does all days and not just work days. Play around with this one.

Added  Dec 14 2018
0 Replies

The Morning News can be your friend. I use this to give me automated reports from the Report Macros and my own macros that I built under equipment, work orders, and PM schedules. I send individual metrics to front line contributors so that they have visibility to open work orders and productivity. I also use this so that customers have transparency to work order statuses and equipment replacement recommendations. Please feel free to reach out if you need guidance or tips.

0 Replies

The built in charts are okay when building your dashboards, but you can get even more if you build them from macros. I have built them for a facility view, multi-facility view, and for individual technicians. It is a great way to get a snapshot of how you are performing in the micro as well as the macro. I track open WO, recall status, incidents, PM percentage, hours of productivity, and more. If you want some help, contact me and I can see what I can do for you.

0 Replies

I did a check of my database and found over 50K zero dollar pieces of equipment. I was tasked with leading the efforts to help resolve this issue. Using the equipment export, I exported our entire equipment database for adds in the last 10 years in MS Excel. I concatenated the manufacture description column and the model number column. Using this, I created a pivot table on the Man+Model and took the average purchase cost for each (I filtered all zero dollars out as well). I then created a spreadsheet of all zero dollar devices and used a Vlookup formula to input the average cost into the purchase cost field. I imported the spreadsheet back into AIMS and it filled in over 75% of our zero dollar items. Fixing the rest was more labor intensive, but our team came together and fixed it in 2 days. To round it out to completion, Phoenix Data Systems is helping with a SQL statement to check the Estimated Acquisition Cost box. By doing this, it helped give a much more accurate COSR for our service! The C-Suite likes our new numbers!

Ask a Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree