GE HealthCare - Giraffe OmniBed
by GE HealthCare

GE HealthCare Giraffe OmniBed Forums

4 Replies

After doing the 3-year PM and replacing the fan motor, the fan makes an awful sound when starting and stopping. It appears like the fan hub's change of speed is causing it to rub the fan when there is a change of speed. This is the third omnibed in a row that has had this issue after fan replacement. Does anyone know if this is just from wear and tear or something that could have happened during the service? Any way to prevent it in the future? TIA. 

RE: GE HealthCare - Giraffe OmniBed
Updated  Jun 7 2023
1 Reply

I ordered a replacement part 2074711-001 Assembled U channel East Lift Rail, but I have the older Omnibed unit with the plastic belt. Is there any instructions to it? I cant find it in my manual do to it having the plastic belt. Am I missing another part or how would I go by the conversion?      

Equipment: GE Giraffe Omnibed

Added  Jan 23 2023
0 Replies

I have an OmniBed with a system error 38. This error is because the system is getting signal that the heater doors are both open and closed. It happens as the heater is lowering and the doors are completely shut. The switches were replaced a couple of months ago and it worked fine but now the error is back. I ran continuity tests on J31 and pins 1-3 showed closed, while 2-3 showed open. However, when the error popped up, the pins 1-3 and 2-3 were both closed which is where the problem is coming from. I checked it on the switch side and didn't have an issue, it wasn't until I checked the harness side of J31 that the I found both sets of switch circuits closed. I unplugged one set of switches and got the error, and when I unplugged the other set of switches I still received the error. I believe this to be an issue with the harness, but I am wondering if there is anything else I should check before getting the part ordered for it.

Added  Dec 25 2022
0 Replies

i need service manual benromdhaneriadh293@gmail.com

Equipment: GE Healthcare - Giraffe OmniBed

Updated  Nov 16 2022
3 Replies

What could be done to solve system failure 25

Equipment: Ohmeda medical Giraffe OmniBed baby incubator

Updated  Jun 17 2022
2 Replies

pls i need the service manual

Added  Feb 28 2022
0 Replies

Hi, I noticed this error in the logs following a user telling that the unit was rebooting itself .The service manual however tells a range of reasons and hence is difficult to narrow it down. And the issue is I havent been able to reproduce the error. Has anyone come across system failure 0?

Updated  Jan 20 2021
3 Replies

The unit shows Error next to Humidity when the unit boots up. I replaced the Humidity Heater Service Kit (6600-0224-850) and it still shows the error. Any suggestions?

Added  Nov 27 2020
0 Replies

I have two Omnibeds that are giving a >40C air temp alarm. The service manual says to silence the alarm to clear the alarm but this does not work. I've replaced the control board in one with no change. Other techs tried replacing fan and temp probe with no change. If anyone has had this issue, what did you do to fix it. I'm not very familiar with these units.

Updated  Jul 23 2020
3 Replies

GE Healthcare - Giraffe OmniBed - the canopy is not going up or down.

Start a Thread

Equipment Name: GE HealthCare - Giraffe OmniBed
SIGN IN FIRST
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree