Leica Biosystems - CM1510 S
by Leica Biosystems

Leica Biosystems CM1510 S Forums

Added  Jun 29 2023
0 Replies

Could someone upload or email me the Service Manual please?

I’m not interested in the User Manual. 

I need the technical data in the Service Manual. 

TY!

Email: James@TurnerMedicalRepair.com

RE: Leica Biosystems - CM1510 S
Updated  Dec 21 2020
1 Reply

Cooling Fan. 9inch 5 blade plastic.

6 Replies

Does anyone know the part number for the slow coarse advance switches for the Leica 1510S cryostat? Does anyone have a service manual that they could upload to MedWrench? Ross

6 Replies

Hi - The electrical advance and return buttons are not working. The motor runs when hot wired to a 24V supply. The cable to the motor delivers 10V. Maybe this is correct, maybe not. I suspect a problem with the microtome part talking back to the circuit board. MedWrench documents include a service manual for the CM1510 but not for the CM1510S and the board I have looks very different. I would like advice on how to check the functioning of the circuit board and how to order a replacement. Thanks

3 Replies

I'm looking for assistance with a part number for replacement on my 1510s. I have spoken to Leica, but they can only sell me items based on part numbers. We started having problems with the fine/coarse feed buttons that advance the microtome, which quickly lead to loss of power to the motor. Troubleshooting has revealed a broken wire (green wire) on the orange, multi-wire cable that stays attached to the microtome upon removal from the cryostat. It terminates on one end in an 5-connector plug (that then connects to the longer orange cable leading back to the control panel/relay circuit board, and the other end terminates on the limit switches under the microtome and to the motor itself. I have found a service manual for an 1850; a similar cable looks to be item number "X21" although I'm not sure if that is in fact a part number or if it is interchangeable with the older 1510s. Any input on part numbers/listing, or (even better), a service manual for the 1510s, would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Updated  Apr 3 2015
4 Replies

Does anybody have a service manual for the Leica CM1510 S they can email to me?  I talked to somebody who tried but gets a "file too big" error.  I want to pull out the (diatome?) module and look for loose or pinched wires because the buttons on the top left seem to only work when the piece that holds the specimen is in just 1 position (the center).  In 23 years of service this will be the 1st time to work on cryostat, so unlike all other private practice equipment, I have no manuals or experience with a cryostat.  Nothing comes up with a search on this MedWrench site, and the Leica site doesn't offer any support for this 1510 model.  Thank you in advance.  RV

Updated  Jan 21 2011
1 Reply

What is an approximate cost of a new CM1510S? I realize I need a quote to buy one, but I just want a general idea of what I need to budget.

Start a Thread

Equipment Name: Leica Biosystems - CM1510 S
SIGN IN FIRST
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree