Baxter SIGMA Spectrum Forums

Updated  Apr 23 2013
2 Replies

Pic Cam Error 107. what is this and how do I fix it? Any help is appreciated.

RE: Baxter - SIGMA Spectrum
Updated  Mar 28 2013
1 Reply

error 306 DS rdng out of range

(high)

Updated  Mar 14 2013
2 Replies

can someone tell me how to solve this error 306,320,322,103,105,341,603

in advanced 1000 THANKS !!!!

Updated  Mar 12 2013
6 Replies

Just need a code or password

0 Replies

Baxter SIGMA Spectrum infusion pump received the highest award for the large pump category for 2012 Best in KLAS Awards. Read more about this news at http://www.aiv-inc.com/iv-pump-news/hospira-and-baxter-sigma-infusion-pump-systems-receive-awards.html.

0 Replies

The US Food and Drug Administration issued Class 1 recall for the Sigma Spectrum infusion pumps with serial numbers 700000 to 794213. Read the full news story here: http://www.aiv-inc.com/iv-pump-news/fda-recalls-sigma-infusion-pumps.html.

4 Replies

We have had 1100 Spectrums since 2009.

The typical issues are:

1. Broken powercord at rear case connection.

2. Failed powercord transformer in the old style power cord.

3. Ground pin gets pulled out of transformer block in new style power cord.

4. PEMs (or nutserts) getting pulled out of front case.

5. Pump side IV pole clamp adapter gets pulled off PEMs or damaged.

6. Dirty/stuck retracted battery charger pins in the battery dock.

7. Latch not recognized as closed.

8. White screen.

9. Various errors, mostly 105 PIC motor error.

10. Upstream occlusion sensor won't sense an occlusion.

The first issue we experienced  was unusual for an infusion pump - an upstream occlusion sensor that would not alarm. I have been dealing with a wide variety of infusion pumps since 1992 with KCI and then Mediq/PRN. Never do I recall having an upstream occlusion sensor fail. Turns out, Sigma created an anti-nuisance algorithm for the sensor that reduces the 'attentiveness' after a period of time. Our facility used a lot of buretrols when this pump was implemented and relied on the UO alarm to be notified of medication delivery completion. I have heard a new algorithm is being developed, but either our staff has acclimated to the pump or are no longer using buretrols in that fashion.

Most of what we are experiencing now is crash damage. If the front case is damaged, the pump must be sent in for repair. A minimum $500 charge typically.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, we see a lot of these.

0 Replies

[b]New KLAS Report Includes Inaugural Infrastructure Market Research[/b]    Orem, UT – June 15, 2011 – KLAS today announced the release of their highly anticipated 2011 Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Medical Equipment & Infrastructure report. The coveted awards are based solely on data from customer surveys of hospital and clinic executives, administrators, physicians, nurses, clinicians, and other directors and managers interacting with healthcare equipment and infrastructure solutions.    Since 2005, KLAS has been gathering ratings on medical equipment including CR/DR, CT, MRI scanners, radiation delivery solutions, and automated medication dispensing units. In 2010, KLAS added the healthcare infrastructure market to the awards, considering communication solutions, storage environments, nurse call, and computing infrastructure. Best in KLAS designations go only to those vendors whose customers recognize their commitment to go above and beyond expectations in every stage of the buying process.    “Best in KLAS recognition—which indicates leadership in working with customers to resolve issues and match needs to delivered solutions—is awarded to healthcare vendors who have consistently excelled in their market segment(s),” said Adam Gale, president of KLAS. “We are pleased that the healthcare industry recognizes the value of the ‘Best in KLAS’ award. The awards in this report help put the aggregate perceptions and opinions of healthcare executives and clinicians into perspective—especially as their peers consider major investment decisions.”    The 2011 Best in KLAS medical equipment and infrastructure vendors/products are:    Automated Medication Dispensing Units (Over 200 beds):Omnicell OmniRx  Computed Radiography (CR) – Multi-Plate: Konica Minolta Xpress/IQue Dual Bay  Computed Tomography (CT) – 64-slice+: Toshiba Aquilion ONE  Digital X-ray: SHIMADZU RADspeed  Magnetic Resonance (MR) – 3.0T: Siemens MAGNETOM Verio  Magnetic Resonance (MR) – 1.5T: Toshiba Vantage  Mammography – Digital: Hologic Selenia  Radiation Therapy: Elekta Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion  Smart Pumps – LVP : [url=http://www.medwrench.com/?equipment.view/equipmentNo/3519/SIGMA/Spectrum/][b]Baxter Sigma Spectrum[/b][/url]  Ultrasound – General Imaging: GE Healthcare LOGIQ E9  Ultrasound – Cardiovascular: tie: GE Healthcare Vivid E9 and Toshiba Aplio (CV Application)

Start a Thread

Equipment Name: Baxter - SIGMA Spectrum
SIGN IN FIRST
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree