GE Healthcare - OEC 9600
by GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare OEC 9600 Forums

19 Replies

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

Hello,

How do I load the data back onto the SRAM card?

The battery wore out.

I have the 3 & 1/2 floppy and SRAM card (w/new battery).

Anyone know?

RE: GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

ceshop replied 8 months ago

Updated  Dec 28 2014
2 Replies

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

I have a client that has a OEC 9600, great shape.  A problem came up to where the system will not boot up.  It goes to the cursor promt and no further.  GE Health told them that the unit was not repairable and sold them a new 9900 Elite.  Can this problem be coorected?

Atlanta Imaging Services replied 6 years ago

7 Replies

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

We have a 9600 OEC series that works great for about 1 hour. Then the image starts to get blurred. Any ideas of why this may be happening? Would love any input. Thank you!

xrayxpert replied 6 years ago

Added  Sep 22 2014
0 Replies

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

Good Morning

I have nearly completed my time here on th medical mission for the Luz Fund in Hildago Mexico, I have 10 days left. I am leaving here knowing that I have 2 well trained biomed 2s and 2 biomed1 trainees. I am confident that theses 4 indivduals will be able to handle 90% of the issues that typically come up within the hospital facility and the satalite clinics, all for the poor and destitute.

I am leaving here and there are 3 issues that are left to resolve.

Please write me and I will send the pictures of what we need.

Last item, we have gotten some great tech support on the OEC 9600 and have made alot of progress and though it is not completed we are progressing. Our charger PCB and 2 computer boards on the c-arm side are getting replacement parts soldered in today and I will keep my fingers crossed that this gets us to our next step, so thank you all a bunch for your help.

This is a very old unit and we are replacing the battery backed RTC/ ram. Are there any special instructions for doing this procedure, I did not see anything in the manual?

Thank You All Again for all of your help this year here in Hildago Mexico.

I am leaving from here to go to Nicaragua for 7 weeks for my first trip out there to see how I can help them out with there really old medical devices, this will be another challange but I look forward to it.

Please write me at sawinokur@bellsouth.net

Sincere Thanks to you all

Scott Winokur

Luz Fund

sawinokur posted 6 years ago

2 Replies

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

We have tested so far the camera, the Intensifier or Generator, filter that is in the camera, image processor board and cable and we still cannot find why our screen stays black every time we shoot on the C-Arm. can the DICOM BOX CAUSE THAT?

chris? replied 6 years ago

Updated  Sep 15 2014
1 Reply

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

My dears  coleages,I need the user (operator) manual of the C arm  OEC 9600,

can any help to me?

thanks in advance

Ricard sanz cardiel

chris? replied 6 years ago

0 Replies

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

I have a 9600 that will freeze durring software image rotation. After they reboot the system it will not come up. all arrows showing on the mainframe and an error D0 on the back of the workstaion. I am going to try and alalog processor to eleminate the main frame ( has to do with 20 arrows)

Next im gonna try the workstation hard drive ( its just stopping ant that point where both are communicating? Just my luck.

Checked SRAM

interconnect cable

Replaced HV batts ( was time anyway)

ran diags on workstation

Thing is the thing will run for a day or so and then do that same thing

Anywho I will update if i have any results

Any suggestions would be appriciated :-)

rtimed posted 6 years ago

Updated  Aug 8 2014
2 Replies

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

OEC model 9600

serial number 69-0365, is an early model.

i am working in Hildago Mexico on a medical mission and this is my second year here, last year we worked on this and have been able to get everything in the monitor station up and running. When the initialization begins and the c-arm is going through its self test we see the R49 resistor burn and smoke.

Last year we wrote and replaced all recommended parts at that time. Q10, R49, Battery (200VDC) and Q2.

This has become my nightmare and I have been dreaming about returning here and fixing this unit finally for the past 6 months and now that I am here I am asking for someone who has experienced this issue to please wite me and help me wake up.

please write to sawinokur@bellsouth.net.

I would really appreciate it and if we need to get onto Skype to get through this please let me know.

I am just a regular retired biomed and this is beyound my expertise even though I have no problem tackling this and following someones directions.

thank you

scott winokur

Luz Fund

sawinokur replied 6 years ago

4 Replies

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

Been working on this for about 8 months. Unit works, but upon boot up this flashes across the doghouse. I have replaced the sensor and Ohmed out the wire all the way back to where it goes into c-arm. Everything checks out.. At this point, I don't know what to do next. Any suggestions?

xrayxpert replied 6 years ago

0 Replies

GE Healthcare - OEC 9600

I have been fighting this problem for about nine months. Has anyone ever seen it. I have changed out the temperature sensor. Ohmed out the wire all the way down to the back of the box on the C-arm. It flouros with no problems, but just has this error message scrolling across the doghouse on boot up. Any ideas?

SEGAbmet posted 6 years ago

Start a Thread

Equipment Name: GE Healthcare - OEC 9600
SIGN IN FIRST
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree