Sorvall - RC5C+
by Sorvall

Sorvall RC5C+ Forums

Updated  Mar 26 2021
1 Reply

In my Centrifuge operating Instruction it says the replacement brush catalogue# is 12284. Service centre expert says another brush with Catalogue# 74196. Which one is the right replacement brush kit. Please help.

RE: Sorvall - RC5C+
0 Replies

Hi, newbie here. Wonder if anyone can help with sources of spares for the Sorval RC-5C+. For the Brushed motor, looking at either.. - New rotor (commutators are worn +- 1mm). - New motor. The motor has no ID plates etc.., except for a number stamped on it - 3995 Thanks

5 Replies

Hello All, I have a #4 fault error flashing yesterday where the centrifuge stopped after 9 minutes into the set spin time (of 35 minutes). Observed an out of range temperature on the dash board (18-24deg) and it shut down itself. The spin head spindle (where the rotor insert in) appeared to stop spinning but the refrigerated unit was still working fine (still got cold). We had a brush replacement 6 months ago and we used very little work on this machine. We thought might be the bearing got lock up but not sure what cause. Any ideas this Error #4 means? We then turned off the power, turned on the centrifuge 4 hours later, the #4 message was gone. We then tested the rotor at 200rpm but it still not spin. Any idea what the cause? Thanks in advance. Victoria

Updated  Jul 11 2019
6 Replies

We just acquired used RC5C + and it displays error 11 after spinning for a while , which indicates that the tachometer fault. Please can someone advise on how to resolve this issue

Updated  May 10 2019
1 Reply

I need to change the brushes on a Rc5C plus centrifuge . I would like to be able to get the Sevice part of the Manusl to do this.Is that possible

Updated  Apr 10 2019
1 Reply

what is the refrigeration charge for a sorvall RC5C+

1 Reply

The refrigeration portion of the RC-5C plus does not stop cooling. The compressor continues to operate. Does anyone know what the cause is. Thanks don

4 Replies

During my last spin of the day (10th, 30 min spin) the centriduge started smelling like rubber (most likely the brushes) but when it slowed down the centriduge turned off (power switch on, but no lights or temp reading). After coming to a stop the rotor would not unscrew. Any advise to remove the rotor and get the system to start up again? 

Thank in advance! 

11 Replies

Hi,

As the title says, I'm getting a Fault 4 error.  The motor brushes are good and the relay is acuating when I press Start, but it's just not turning.  Is there a way to isolate the motor and just run it from a 208 outlet?  That would elimate the possibility of it being bad.  I tested the windings and they seem okay as far as I can tell (not open and not shorted to ground).  Any info would be great! 

Thanks,

Bryan Walters

Indiana Univeristy

0 Replies

RC5C speed keeps increasing beyond the set RPMs. No error codes. Just keeps going like the energizer bunny.

Start a Thread

Equipment Name: Sorvall - RC5C+
SIGN IN FIRST
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree