Tue Jul 29 2014

battery charger resistor burns

OEC model 9600

serial number 69-0365, is an early model.

i am working in Hildago Mexico on a medical mission and this is my second year here, last year we worked on this and have been able to get everything in the monitor station up and running. When the initialization begins and the c-arm is going through its self test we see the R49 resistor burn and smoke.

Last year we wrote and replaced all recommended parts at that time. Q10, R49, Battery (200VDC) and Q2.

This has become my nightmare and I have been dreaming about returning here and fixing this unit finally for the past 6 months and now that I am here I am asking for someone who has experienced this issue to please wite me and help me wake up.

please write to sawinokur@bellsouth.net.

I would really appreciate it and if we need to get onto Skype to get through this please let me know.

I am just a regular retired biomed and this is beyound my expertise even though I have no problem tackling this and following someones directions.

thank you

scott winokur

Luz Fund

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Thu Aug 07 2014Reply from xrayxpert

No circuit breakers or fuses blow? It sounds like a current regulation problem to me.....start troubleshooting there......at the charger board. Make sure the wiring is coorect and that the wires are actually good going to and from the batteries. Did the battery lead wires get hot also?

Fri Aug 08 2014Reply from sawinokur

e have resolved the burnt resistor and have calibrated the charger voltage, it was a bad cap, we have removed and tested other caps and replaced 2 others.we have progressed to the point hwere we can geta single snalshot but only when we place pressure on the current calibration pot. today we are
removing the pot and replacing it. I am unsure that is the problem so i am
asking you 2 question, since we now know that there was a repair done on this unit , a very bad one becuase it was deemed unrepairable at the facility that donated it to this hospital and they had to buy a new one.we found connector pins that were removed from the head and other sabatoge that would make this unit appear broken Although our steps are very small becuase I am just a regular repair tech with no expertice in radiology devices so
it is alot of the seat of the pants work.We would like to verify the size of the pot (R10) on the the currect calibration ckt and is there anything else we should be looking at
thanks again for all you help.
Sincerely Yours
scott winokur
luz fund

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree