Wed Jan 28 2015

AMX 4 - Test 2 and Test 3 fails and does not boot any further

In service mode or operational mode or switching service switch up then down during boot (or vice versa) I can only get a failed test 2 and test 3 and then goes to blank displays. Whether on AC or DC I get the same results. LED bank on controller board lights as follows:

keyswitch turned on =  LEDs DS9,11,12,13,16,17,18 and 19 all on.

Test 2 = LED DS 19 on only

Test 3 = LEDs DS19 and DS18 on only

Then DS19 and DS18 stay on indefinately.

Am I safe to say my controller board or NV-RAM is bad?

Thanks for the help.

Jason

RE: Mobile Radiography Report Post
Fri Jun 12 2015Reply from Jford

Had the same problem today where it fails test 2 and test 3, then goes blank.  Can't drive it, and trips the breaker occasionally.  Happened after the techs drove it out of an unlevel elevator.  Ordering the x-ray controller board.

Sat Feb 27 2021Reply from adell
adell

Had the same problem today where itfails test 2 and test 3, then goes blank.

I NEED HELP PLEASE 

Sat Feb 27 2021Reply from mls1
mls1

Test 2 and Test 3 are NVRAM failures.  The batteries inside the RAM are dead or dying. Replace the RAM with new and calibrate the machine.  If you can't find the RAM or it will take too long, get a new CPU.  Make sure you order the part number off your old CPU or know whether you have a GE or an Orion tube because if  you put the wrong CPU on, it will shorten your tube life. When you replace it the CPU (or just the NVRAM), in run (toggle up) it will say Test 4 failure.  That just means put it in service mode and do all the calibrations. That should fix it.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree