Tue Sep 15 2015

PC Software for Dash 2500?

Is there anywhere I can download this?

Failing that, is does anyone have any details of the serial protocol used to communicate with these units. I've tried the commands listed in the manual which should turn on & off the NIPB pump, but no result.

Thanks for any help,

J

RE: Vital Signs/Multi-Parameter Report Post
Wed Sep 16 2015Reply from Amscopolaris
Amscopolaris
The nonisolated DB15 connector provides +5 V (500 mA Max), +12 V (250 mA Max), Remote Alarm Signal, and two TTL communication channels. The communication adaptor connector is used to interface the Monitor with other electronic devices. (a central nurse's station or remote alarm device). Signals can be sent to the monitor to initiate blood pressure determinations and other functions. Patient data can also be retrieved through this port. NOTES: When the network module is connected, remote alarm is not available. The alarms will response on CIC directly. When using the remote alarm, the monitor alarm should be considered the primary alarm source. The remote alarm is used for secondary consideration only. WARNING Auxiliary equipment connected to the Dash 2500 Patient Monitor will result in the formation of an electromedical system, and thus must comply with the requirements of EN 60601-1-1/ IEC 60101-1. All Communication Adaptor Connectors are NON-ISOLATED and should be connected to equipment conforming to respective IEC or ISO standards (e.g. IEC60950 for data processing equipment), configured

Wed Sep 16 2015Reply from JMcC

On page 4-28 of the manual at the top, it refers to connecting the PC to the DB9 at the rear of the monitor. These are the instructions I had followed. On page 2-9, there is a drawing of both DB9 & DB15. The DB9 refers to RX2 & TX2. These are at normal RS232 levels +/-12 volts or so. 

The DB15 has both TX1, RX1 AND TX2, RX2 but in TTL logic only. Now I know I'm possibly making an incorrect assumption here, but I figured the TX2/RX2 on the DB15 was the same UART as the TX2/RX2 on the DB9. 

Am I wrong?

Thanks,

J

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree