Thu Nov 12 2015

Solenoid Valve S3 chattering

While the sterilizer is at rest the solenoid valve is constantly clicking and at times sound like a machine gun.

All the time that this is happening the light on the valve is on.

RE: Sterilizers/Autoclaves Report Post
Fri Nov 13 2015Reply from MedWrench MM
MedWrench MM

If you do not receive a response to your question I would advise reaching out to Neil Blagman at RPI. He is a great resource!

Jonathan F. Payne,
Media Manager @ MedWrench,
866-989-7057,
Jpayne@MedWrench.com
Fri Nov 13 2015Reply from Dean
Dean

When you say that the light is on, are you saying that it is on steady and the solenoid is continually clicking? If so, then the magnet in the stem of S-3 is at issue; common problem on Eagle 3000s, but not unheard of in small Centurys either. If this is the case, rebuilding S-3 should take care of it since the kit includes a new stem/magnet.

If the light is also flickering in time to the solenoid valve clicking, then the issue is with circuit boards one way or another. Since this seems to be isolated to only one solenoid, I would power off the machine, including the main power switch on the control box assembly. Open the control box and release and reseat each of the vertical circuit boards several times. There are release levers at the top & bottom of each board to help facilitate this. I wouldn't pull them completely out, but just make sure that they are releasing and reseating fully. This will clean any possible issue with the contacts between the boards and the connectors.

If this doesn't work, take a look at the row of LEDs on the I/O board while the unit is powered on. If the LEDs are labeled D0-D16, then the LED you are looking for is D10. If the LEDs are labeled D1-D15, the LED you are looking for is D11. If the LED is lit steadily but the lamp on the solenoid connection is flickering, you have a connection issue between the I/O board and the solenoid. If the LED itself is flickering, then you have an issue with either the control board or the I/O board.

Good Luck!

Dean Stephens EET, CBET, CRES
Senior Biomedical Equipment Tech
Intermediate Imaging Equipment Tech
(Not my first rodeo...)

Mon Nov 16 2015Reply from Kara Crissman

Dear NevilleT,

We came across your post about the Century V120 Sterilizer. We have a dedicated Service Support team who can help. Please provide us with your preferred method of contact or call 1-800-333-8828 for assistance.

Thank you,

Kara Daugherty
Online Marketing Coordinator
STERIS Corporation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree