Thu Dec 03 2015

NIBP Issue

Hi everyone, I currently have a suresigns vs3 monitor in my shop and the NIBP will not pump. It seems to be engaging but nothing happens after that. I replaced the NIBP pump but it still does the same thing. I also purchased the whole NIBP assembly from Philips thinking it may be the solenoids but that didn't fix the problem. What am I missing? Main board? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Vital Signs/Multi-Parameter Report Post
Thu Dec 03 2015Reply from Ray Brown, CBET

Unless there's some connection gone bad, about the only thing left is the main board. You might want to pull it out anyway and look it over for any possible burned traces or connectors. And then you'll have to reload the serial number and other data back into it.

The other thing, though, is that these guys have had a history of wearing out the start/stop membrane switch. Are you positive you're actually turning it on? It's long gone but there was a notice from Philips that if you had one that was malfunctioning, they sent you a pack of 3 front membranes for free. :-) I dunno, maybe it's still active? Call Philips, you never know..

Thu Dec 03 2015Reply from William123

it is clicking as if its trying to engage to pump, so i would assume that yes the membrane is still good but ill look into that. Thanks

I found out the problem...it was a tiny component that runs directly to the NIBP connection/connector. Now my problem is that I would like to repair it but I don't know what that component is. I can't find any schematics in the service manual so I cant figure out what that component is

it looks like a burnt micro capacitor but It doesn't have the voltage on it so I don't know what to replace it with

Thu Dec 03 2015Reply from Ray Brown, CBET

I was going to suggest posting a picture, but I don't think this site supports uploads of pictures. So, is this part on the main board? What is its' label? What's it near, so we can pop open another VSM3 and see it?

Thu Dec 03 2015Reply from MedWrench MM
MedWrench MM

Hi Ray,

You can post pictures within the forums if you have the image URL. Simply click the button that looks like a small image to the left of the A when you are posting your comment and paste your image URL.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan F. Payne,
Media Manager @ MedWrench,
866-989-7057,
Jpayne@MedWrench.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree