Sat Jan 23 2016

Ritter Evolution 75 - leaking base cylinder

Ritter Evolution 75 table with base cylinder leaking.  Slow leak over ! 3-4 years.  Yellow hydraulic fluid around the base, on the floor.

I am a rural solo physician...   I have the table opened up this AM.  I can see the wet fluid on the base cylineder ONLY.  Table works, but I am thinking I should get ahead of this.

No one out here in my area to help, so I must try and tackle what I can.  I've never replaced a cylinder, nor bled a hydraulic system, etc...  But I am willing if it's not terribly complicated.  fixed my 7 foot  Meyer's snow plow's hydraulic system a week ago.  I'm game to have a go at this...

I looked into ElectraFit, but that's way too expensive for me.  I'm on my own out here.  No system to request $$$ from.  All out of my own pocket.

Where might I begin now that I know the cylinder which is leaking...and have it all unbuttoned.  

If I should find a new base cylinder for this table....I'd need instructions as to how to undo the hydraulic system safely and appropriately....replace the clylinder....and then bleed and fill the system again.

Thoughts? 

Jeff

RE: Power Report Post
Sat Jan 23 2016Reply from AL Brown

The Ritter Evolution 75 is thesame as the 319. you can get service manual  off Medwrench site. I have put the link below.

www.medwrench.com/?equipmentNO/369Midmark/Ritter-75-Evolution/

Good luck!

Wed Feb 03 2016Reply from PRNBMG

Without being there to see what is going on I would suggest checking all the hoses carefully. I have had issues with the hoses developing leaks over years of use and it seems like something else.

Hope this is helpful

Robert M Gaw

PRN

Robert M Gaw Physicians Resource Network 218 Shove St Fall River MA
Mon Feb 27 2017Reply from Chris-CBET
This might be a little late, but your best option is to, hit down on all functions, squeeze as much fluid back into the reservoir as possible, then flip the table onto its side, pull out the clevis pins from the base cylinders lock pins, disconnect the power and return hose(top and bottom hoses). Slide in the new cylinder, connect the hoses and the base pin. Then either operate the table up function until the base cylinder's stem lines up where you removed the old one, then you can manually adjust the table. Lock it in, stand the table up. Close all cylinders and refill your reservoir(dont top it off, it should only be 50-60% full). Use kitty litter and a shop vac with a hepa filter for clean up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree