Mon Mar 14 2016

Intermittent operation

The bed will work for a brief period and stops, won't do anything.  I will unplug it and plug it back in and it starts working again... Has anyone experienced this?  What was the solution?  Thanks....

Mon Mar 14 2016Reply from tdunsmore

When you say it doesn't do anything do you mean it powers off or just functionality doesn't work? Like controls and ect?

Also what kind of bed is it?

Mon Mar 14 2016Reply from Biomed Plus

Sorry, I thought the title was in the header. It's the Hill Rom Care Assist ES bed... It doesn't function at all, the controls don't work. Haven't went any further than that. Crazy - Works for a little bit and then it doesn't do anything.

Mon Mar 14 2016Reply from tdunsmore

I am not familiar with those we had got rid of them when I started here at the hospital. I have Versa Care P500's do this because of the cables going to the main board are pinched. Sorry I can't help.

Mon Mar 14 2016Reply from FrankH
FrankH

Two things can cause that. Unplug the pendant controller. Then Unplug the bed, plug it back in. 2nd cause can be the siderail wires can be frayed and causing the disruption. If you take off the cover on the inside part of the siderail you will see the problem. If so, that is a time consuming project. What are are you in?

Frank H
Mon Mar 14 2016Reply from MedWrench MM
MedWrench MM

You can identify the model by looking directly under the subject line of your question. This is assuming the MedWrench user attached the question to a product though. In this case, you did!

Jonathan F. Payne,
Media Manager @ MedWrench,
866-989-7057,
Jpayne@MedWrench.com
Thu Mar 31 2016Reply from klink

Move the siderails up and down to see if the issue comes and goes.   Check the siderail cable for cracks.  I've had to do about 20 of these due to the cables cracking.  The entire siderail will have to be disassembled,  the cable itself only runs about $30 but the decal is ~$250

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree