Thu Apr 14 2016

NX Office Viewer says workstation is offline, how to configure network connection.

I have a CR 30-X with a workstation connected to it running the Agfa NX 3.0.8000 software and a desktop in another room with NX Office Viewer which is used to view the X-rays there. My network set-up has recently changed due to some problems, and ever since, NX Office Viewer on the desktop gives an error message stating that the workstation is offline, despite verifying that the workstation is on, running the NX software, and both devices are connected to the network. So, I can't view any X-rays on the desktop.

I need to know how the software, or the machines themselves, are supposed to be configured to allow you to view the X-rays on secondary devices like the desktop. Despite searching through the manuals and help services that come with the software, I have been unable to find any information on where to configure network connectivity or what information to use when doing so.

Short version: How do I configure an NX workstation and a desktop running NX Office Viewer so that the X-rays can be seen on both?

RE: Computed Radiography Report Post
Thu Apr 14 2016Reply from MedWrench MM
MedWrench MM

If you need immediate assistance feel free to reach out directly to our Computed Radiography sponsor Multi Diagnostic Imaging & Surgical Solutions.

Jonathan F. Payne,
Media Manager @ MedWrench,
866-989-7057,
Jpayne@MedWrench.com
Fri Apr 15 2016Reply from Rebel

The office viewer and the NX software have to be the same version. IF they are not they will not communicate. There isn't really any setup. The office viewer automatically looks for the NX on the network. I can't remember for sure but you might need to make sure that the office viewer is listed on the ALF file.

Sat Apr 16 2016Reply from Needs_Help

I've checked the versions of the software the workstation and desktop are running, and they are both the same. They even have the exact same build number. Although I'm unable to verify the ALF file at this time, I have to assume that the right license is present because everything was working prior to the network changes.

Sun Apr 17 2016Reply from Rebel

Can you ping the IP address of the NX pc from the one running office viewer. I would think since it was working before a network change that you now have a network issue where the two PCs can't see eachother on the network.

Wed Apr 20 2016Reply from Needs_Help

Quote Rebel

Can you ping the IP address of the NX pc from the one running office viewer. I would think since it was working before a network change that you now have a network issue where the two PCs can't see eachother on the network.

I've gone onto the two computers and confirmed that I can successfully ping the IP address of the other computer.  The response time for each packet was less than 1 millisecond, as one would would expect for a ping inside a LAN.  The desktop running NX Office Viewer still states that the workstation is offline.

Wed Apr 20 2016Reply from Rebel

Have you tried turning off the firewalls on both computers? That is the only other thing I can think of?

Wed Apr 27 2016Reply from Needs_Help

Nope, turning off the firewall on both of them didn't change anything.

Sun May 01 2016Reply from AgfaDoog
AgfaDoog
Did you try the basic stuff? Ping between them.

"...Hello, IT... Have you tried forcing an unexpected reboot?..."
The IT Crowd
Check my LinkedIn profile for more info: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aacch/?locale=en_US
Available to move, looking for a job overseas full time :)

Mon May 23 2016Reply from Oban

Hi,

check that you have the same subnet mask on both computers.

Check your hosts file in win\sys32\drivers\etc

I think Office Viewer (OV) discovery protocol can't be routed. Be sure to put both systems on the same subnet, preferably.

Manually fill the hosts file on the OV PC with the hostname of the NX.

If OV is outdated, it will automatically update from the "Installers" folder on the NX (once the communication can be established).

OV has nothing to configure. Only OS requirements and screen resolution.

Check also if you've an antivirus.

Regards.

Fri Feb 24 2017Reply from Samson H
Please guys help me to solve Error "4156" in AGFA CR 30-XM NX (Version - 2.0, Type: 8800 SU1, Build: 9.5.2104) Can you please help me?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree