Mon May 23 2016

PM kit replacement when it reached to 12500 hours

Sir is it required to change pm kit when it reached to 12500 hours? Does it affect the performance of the ventilator if not replaced? thank you!

RE: Ventilator Report Post
Tue May 24 2016Reply from Dean
Dean

The manual that I have (revision A) states that the kit should be installed at 10,000 hours, not 12,500.

It also shows that it contains filters, a new muffler assembly, real time clock battery, and blower.

The importance of the filters goes without saying. The muffler assembly? I can't offer an opinion on it. The real time clock battery will definitely cause issues if it goes dead; I have had one die before 10,000 hours on the vent, and it caused a continuous alarm state. Once you have that many hours on the blower, I would think that it would be pretty risky to depend on it when the manufacturer has given instructions that it be replaced.

I wouldn't want one of my loved ones to depend on a ventilator that hadn't had the proper maintenance performed on it. In the end, would you trust your vent to keep your parent, sibling, spouse, or child alive if the kit wasn't installed?

Dean Stephens EET, CBET, CRES
Senior Biomedical Equipment Tech
Intermediate Imaging Equipment Tech
(Not my first rodeo...)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree