Thu Jun 09 2016

Sound issue

Anybody else having issues with the Dash 3000s and malfunctioning sound? We have had dozens of these with the exact same issue, and the only resolve seems to be replacing the main board. Any input appreciated.

RE: Vital Signs/Multi-Parameter Report Post
Wed Oct 11 2017Reply from Army biomed

Did you find a solution other than replacing the main board??

Wed Oct 11 2017Reply from AJ_Diaz

What is on the screen when this is happening? Error messages, interference, etc???

Wed Oct 11 2017Reply from Army biomed

When changing alarm volume speaker makes small pop noise instead of beeps.  When powered off beeps as it should also beeps when turned on.  No error messages at all screen is normal changed speaker and power supply same problem talked to tech support at ge they said to replace main board sound generator is bad . However the main board cost around a thousand dollars.  

Wed Oct 11 2017Reply from AJ_Diaz

What version software is this happening on, 7.2 or 7.3?

Thu Oct 12 2017Reply from AJ_Diaz

Just today I had this problem where the monitor was alarming VTachs, Asystole, etc but there was no audible sounds. The monitor was running 7.2 software so I upgraded to 7.3 and it fixed the problem. I suggest getting your hands on a copy of the 7.3 software so you can start upgrading the monitors since 7.2 has been causing issues. The software upgrade will also fix problems with the monitor rebooting itself. You will need to buy through a GE sales rep, customer service cannot sell it.

Fri Feb 01 2019Reply from Mdhirsh

Hi, we’re you able to get the 7.3 upgrade software? If so, did it fix the problem and what was the cost?

Fri Feb 01 2019Reply from AJ_Diaz

Yes Mdhirsh, I did get the software and it did fix the problem. The cost was a few hundred and change but as I stated previously, you can only get the software thru your GE sales rep. You cannot buy it thru customer support or tech support. Your GE rep will need to create a quote and you'll then need to provide a hard copy PO to get it ordered. It's a very simple process. You'll need a windows PC w/ XP. I'm not sure if it will run on 7 or higher as I've never tried it. You'll need a crossover cable from the PC to the Dash, then once you're in the Boot Loader, the menu is easy to manuver. Just be sure to follow the directions. It seems like a lot but once you get a couple done, it's very easy.

Fri Feb 01 2019Reply from Mdhirsh

Will the Dash 7.3 upgrade software work on multiple devices (same model) having the boot loop problem, or is it keyed to  each device’s serial number/ ethernet address like enabling options? Thanks AJ_Diaz — not sure how to reply directly through the forums on Medwrench.

Fri Feb 01 2019Reply from AJ_Diaz

Mdhirsh, yes, the software will work across both the Dash 3000 and 4000 models. I'm not sure if it'll work on the 5000, I don't have any experience with those. The software is not specific to one serial number so you don't have to buy X amount of copies, just one copy.

On a side note with these monitors, if the monitor is rebooting at the GE logo, that is a main board issue that the software upgrade will fix.

If the monitor is rebooting itself after it gets to the main monitoring screen, that is NOT a board problem and upgrading the software will not fix that problem. In that instance, you will need to replace the internal DAS module to correct that issue.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree