Tue Jun 21 2016

Reduce noise on ECG Signal

Hi, I have problem with ECG signal while connect to the patient. It showing good signal when using with battery but once I plug to the main power, there are a lot of noise show up. By the way, it's working find with simulator even with battery and plug to main power. 

Do you have any idea why and how to fix it?

Thanks

RE: Vital Signs/Multi-Parameter Report Post
Tue Jun 21 2016Reply from MedWrench MM
MedWrench MM

What equipment are you referring to? Manufacturer/Model?

Jonathan F. Payne,
Media Manager @ MedWrench,
866-989-7057,
Jpayne@MedWrench.com
Tue Jun 21 2016Reply from Phanna

I have 2 Equipments getting the same problem. Model Criticare scholar 3  and  GE Dash 3000. 

Wed Jun 22 2016Reply from medicus

don´t use switched power supplies, only the old transformers working good

Wed Jun 22 2016Reply from MedWrench MM
MedWrench MM

If you are in need of immediate assistance please feel free to reach out to our sponsors:

Southwestern Biomedical Electronics

Sage Services Group

Intregrity Biomedical

Just be sure to tell them you were referred by MedWrench.

Jonathan F. Payne,
Media Manager @ MedWrench,
866-989-7057,
Jpayne@MedWrench.com
Wed Jun 22 2016Reply from GBlair

What area is this problem occuring, OR, ICU etc, and are you plugged into isolated power?

Wed Jun 22 2016Reply from Phanna

Hello GBlair, the machine are use in ICU and it was ok before. Just a week before, I have no idea why suddenly it going like this.

Is it possible that the problem occurs because of grounding?

Wed Jun 22 2016Reply from Phanna

Hello, thank you giving comments. By the way, could help me more details on that? Because the 2 machine have their power supply build in.

Wed Jun 22 2016Reply from GBlair
Most definitely a bad ground or rather a lack of grounding can cause 60 Hz artifact.

Wed Jun 22 2016Reply from LRF

There could be 100 different things causing this.

Below are the common troubleshooting methods of Biomeds will use to systematically isolate the suspect part, accessory or component.

Step 1. replace the electrodes with a freshly opened pack since the others may be dried out.  Put them on yourself.  Problem gone?  electrodes.

Step 2. replace the patient lead wires/trunk cable.  Problem gone?  defective cables.

Step 3. since on the Dash you cannot replace the ECG module,  then replace the AC power cord and verify it has an excellent electrical bonding to the DUT. Problem gone?  defective power cord.

Step 4. Troubleshoot the DUT in a different environment.  If it is simple to move the monitor to another room then do so.  Test it with the AC power cord plugged in to a different electrical circuit than the previous room.  If possible, plug it into a circuit that is even on a different electrical panel.  Problem gone?  The facility engineers need to correct the poor electrical receptacle, appliance or lighting installation in the room.  Remember that electrical noise can potentially be generated from ANY device or appliance in a patient room.  Even just changing the fluorescent lamps can create this issue.

One other question to bear in mind, has the ICU bed been exchanged out recently?  If so, this may also be your culprit.

Hope this is of use, please tell us what you find.  Thanks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree