Thu Jun 23 2016

error codes

had a pair of shorted mosfets in mot drive . replaced along with driver ic . unit now enters boot sequence. relays chatter 3 times rather than the usual 1 . display will then read error codes 0x0,0x80. obviously, still have faulty components ...service manual/ schematic would be most helpful.......

RE: Arthroscopy Systems Report Post
Wed Mar 24 2021Reply from QI MED

Did you het the service manual? I need it too.

Thanks and best regards!

Wed Mar 24 2021Reply from Ben C
Ben C

MedWrench is available to help people with specific questions and troubleshooting problems. Could you please be more specific with the issue that you are having with your instrument, and the MedWrench team will do their best to assist you in solving the issue. This will also help other community members who face similar challenges.

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Wed Mar 24 2021Reply from hamop

sadly, i doubt the manual exists outside of Stryker. this one was long enough ago that i don't recall wether was even succesful in completing the repair. may have just parted it out ... ??

what symptom do you have ?

Wed Mar 24 2021Reply from hamop

i'm thinking this was the unit that had open points in one of the relays.shorted xistors burnt the contacts.

keep in mind these use multilayer circuit boards. use caution when replacing through hole components....

Tue Dec 20 2022Reply from Castellini

Hello.The problem is that when you press the pedal, the handle does not rotate , but just a slight vibration occurs

Tue Dec 20 2022Reply from hamop

i'd expect an issue with the handpiece and/or connecting cable. didn't specify using what instrument . sub with known good unit if available

Wed Dec 21 2022Reply from Castellini

unfortunately , there is no working tool available to check the tip of the pidrive model itself

Wed Dec 21 2022Reply from hamop

could be an issue with the attachment seating, bit lock mech.  our 'Power Lab'

services handpieces/drivers and attachments....

Sun Jan 08 2023Reply from EvgenyP

Hello, most often the problem is caused by a break of the wiring in the HandPiece or the HandPiece Cord. If you might replace the Drill, the Cord and the Console to troubleshoot which of them is damaged - do it first. Then if it is the Drill or the Cord - check the continuity of the three-phase windings of the HandPiece or the relevant wires of the Cord. The windings' wires are connected to three of thick pins of the metal connector of the cord (the fourth thick pin is for shieldering). These three wires can be easily traced to the plastic connector of the other end of the cord and further into the Drill. So you can be clear of what to check for continuity of the windings of the Drill. 

Good luck.   

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree