Tue Sep 27 2016

Door Gap for 2nd Generation M11

Is there a recommed door gap for the 2nd Generation M11 or M9?  I have a unit that is not sealing well after a few weeks of installing a new door gasket.  No pressure leaks any where else that I can see.  The new door gasket shrinks and it doesn't seal.

RE: Sterilizers/Autoclaves Report Post
Tue Sep 27 2016Reply from Walker0500

Hello,

I'm not sure of the actual gap measurement but I have had similar trouble and fixed it by loosening the bolts on the latch side and setting two bars in a bit to hold door shut tighter. There is a fine line of too tight. I'm not suggesting this done by anyone who is not familiar with sterilizer repair. Please feel free to reach out to me for any further help.

Darren Walker - 877-561-0500

Duraline Systems Inc. www.duralinesystems.com 

Tue Jun 25 2019Reply from garbleduser

Do not adjust the bolts!  The manufacturer has a specific jig to make sure this is done correctly in house. Does your gasket have the metal ring inside of it? Some times I see gaskets shrink in dermatology offices because of the use of formulin sample preservative buffer.  I’ve never seen anyone else talk about it but I’ve definitely noticed a correlation.  Another thing to note is that RPI gaskets will shrink quicker than OEM. Is the dam gasket installed? 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree