Sat Nov 05 2016

No Cut/Coag Indicator light

Hi there, I performed verification on all the Diodes, Capacitors and Fuses including the foot switch, I think All are functioning. If i put on power, the Power Lid is lit and I pressed the foot switch, No lit on the RF Surgery Indicator. Just ONE I have noticed, the one like a Vacuum Glass, whatever, there was a certain portion that is something like smoke (Blacken) cause of fire? I am not so sure what it is, that's why i am asking your help to troubleshoot my machine. Thank a lot in advance.

RE: Electrosurgical Unit (ESU) Report Post
Sun Nov 06 2016Reply from PaulDeLisle

The Service manual is in this link:

Surgitron FFPF Manual (Rev B)                                       

...it includes a Schematic, Parts lists...and possible test points for malfunctions.

With everything Properly connected. turn the unit on, and wait 15 seconds. If the Power Tube is not glowing...it might be bad.

Also check the DC output of the 1B1 Bridge Rectifier (Pins 5 & 8.)

Sun Nov 06 2016Reply from Vetsens

Hi, there may be no light because the Cut/Coag neon indicator has worn out. You can remove this and check for blackening. These are only 50c from most electronic stores.

Otherwise, if the main vacuum tube is blow, replace it with a Taylor 6146B tube from https://www.rfparts.com

If you are local in Australia, we can have a look at it. Please email info@vetsens.com

Mon Nov 07 2016Reply from flamingo9395

Thank you very much guys for your support. Main Vacuum Tube was the problem. I have to find it here in Middle East if there is still available parts for it. Again, Thank you so much.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree