Wed Jan 04 2017

Leica CM1520 Maintenance reset

Looking for the procedure for a Leica CM1520 cryostat Maintenance reminder light reset

RE: Cryostat Report Post
Fri May 11 2018Reply from Ross

Hi Jim. Were you able to find out what it takes to reset the "service interval warning" (HELP) screen on the Leica CM1520?

Fri May 11 2018Reply from BMET_Sam

Leica told me the service interval is based on power on time....in my opinion this is a poor way to track maintenance for these devices since many of these are simply in standby for extended times and in my experience Leica service reps do not service cooling systems, only the mechanical and sensor side of the cryostats.   If you actually service the instrument yourself and you believe the pm requirements have been satisfied you can reset the reminder by pulling the coin cell memory battery much like you would on a computer motherboard.  The cycle count should reset back, this is clealy not Leica's recommendation but the choice is yours.

Wed Sep 04 2019Reply from Fabioc

Hi Ross, 

did you try tthe reset of "help" on screen as Sam explain you?

Does it work?

Many thanks!!

Wed Sep 04 2019Reply from janzaldi
janzaldi

CM1520

Leica CM1520 Displays “HELP”

Turn off unit locate encoder on main board turn to P-7

Restart unit press (-) on chamber temperature

Turn off unit return Encoder to original setting

Restart unit

Fri Sep 06 2019Reply from Fabioc

Hi janzaldi

I opened the top of the cryostat but I can't find any encoder I can switch.

The cryiostat is a Cm1520 sn 0542/03.2015.

Any other option?

If I pull out the coin battery on cpu may I loose any important setting or this will reset only the counters?

Many thanks

Thu Jul 01 2021Reply from Xmer

Just FYI the p7 reset is for the cm1860 olnly.  As for the " help " on cm1520 turn unit off replace the pill battery or not with a cr3220 turn it on and that clears the "Help" all that is needed is to set your clock again FYI and that's it ! Customer happy = hope that helps. Y'all Have a great 4th of July >sbe safe y'all 

Elias Huerta fromTexas

Thu Jul 01 2021Reply from Xmer

Just FYI the p7 reset is for the cm1860 olnly.  As for the " help " on cm1520 turn unit off replace the pill battery or not with a cr3220 turn it on and that clears the "Help" all that is needed is to set your clock again FYI and that's it ! Customer happy = hope that helps. Y'all Have a great 4th of July >sbe safe y'all 

Elias Huerta fromTexas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree