Tue Jan 31 2017

Won't heat up

When I plug in my unit, it turns on and shows the current temperature.  Within maybe an hour, it has turned off and the light says that there is low water.  The hydrocollator is full of water.  Does anyone know a solution to this?

RE: Hot Pack Unit Report Post
Tue Jan 31 2017Reply from Statbiomed
You will need a conversion kit to get rid of the old style display and thermostat. Parts are not available for the style with digital display on front

Wed Feb 15 2017Reply from ERS Biomedical
if the unit is working correctly, add a little salt to the water, (conductivity) it will result in a lower resistance to the tip of the thermocouple in the tank to the side walls. if that doesn't work, then, referring to the Statbiomed's answer, you'll need to change the circuitry out and install a retro fit kit. http://www.ersbiomedical.com/Hydrocollator-Retrofit-Kit_p_1.html

ERS Biomedical
Sun Jan 07 2024Reply from Aemond

It sounds like there might be an issue with the sensor in your hydrocollator. Sometimes, even when the unit is full, a faulty sensor or a problem with the thermostat can trigger a low water warning. Adding salt to the water as suggested by ERS Biomedical is a clever approach to improve conductivity, which might help if the issue is sensor-related. However, if this doesn’t resolve the problem, then as Statbiomed mentioned, you might indeed need a conversion kit to update the unit’s display and thermostat. The retrofit kit suggested seems like a viable solution if the current parts are no longer functioning or available. Make sure to consult with a professional or the manufacturer before making any significant changes to ensure it’s done safely and correctly.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree