Mon Mar 20 2017

No Display, Dark Screen

I have a MAC 5000 that powers up but the display remains dark. I know the display is ok as I swapped it out with another unit. Anyone else ever have this problem?

RE: Electrocardiograph (EKG / ECG) Report Post
Mon Mar 20 2017Reply from AJ_Diaz

There is a orange-brownish ribbon cable that goes bad on these units. Usually that is the problem. I like to replace the other cable (power cable) whenever I replace the ribbon cable since the display is completely disassembled. Why do it twice when you can do it once?

Part# 2001378-002; Display Power Cable

Part# 2034923-002; Backlight Cable

Fri Mar 24 2017Reply from biomed_9900
biomed_9900

Thank you AJ_Diaz for your prompt replie, but when I swapped the display to another working unit I included the ribbon cables as well. The display worked fine on that unit, so it can't be the ribbon cable. Yesterday I decided to check for the 3VDC which drives the display and I could not see the voltage. I read this off of capacitor BC36.

I suspect it may be powersupply related. There is evidence of a drop incident as the mounting post on the bottom of the chasis that secures it to the cart is baddly deformed and the plastic around it is torn.

Your answer to my question, however, may be the solution to another unit with and odd symptom. The top of the screen is fine but the bottom quarter of thee screen is solid white (you cannot see the menu area). Do you think the ribbom cable could cause this?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree