Mon Apr 30 2012

Typical problems with the Spectrum

We have had 1100 Spectrums since 2009.

The typical issues are:

1. Broken powercord at rear case connection.

2. Failed powercord transformer in the old style power cord.

3. Ground pin gets pulled out of transformer block in new style power cord.

4. PEMs (or nutserts) getting pulled out of front case.

5. Pump side IV pole clamp adapter gets pulled off PEMs or damaged.

6. Dirty/stuck retracted battery charger pins in the battery dock.

7. Latch not recognized as closed.

8. White screen.

9. Various errors, mostly 105 PIC motor error.

10. Upstream occlusion sensor won't sense an occlusion.

The first issue we experienced  was unusual for an infusion pump - an upstream occlusion sensor that would not alarm. I have been dealing with a wide variety of infusion pumps since 1992 with KCI and then Mediq/PRN. Never do I recall having an upstream occlusion sensor fail. Turns out, Sigma created an anti-nuisance algorithm for the sensor that reduces the 'attentiveness' after a period of time. Our facility used a lot of buretrols when this pump was implemented and relied on the UO alarm to be notified of medication delivery completion. I have heard a new algorithm is being developed, but either our staff has acclimated to the pump or are no longer using buretrols in that fashion.

Most of what we are experiencing now is crash damage. If the front case is damaged, the pump must be sent in for repair. A minimum $500 charge typically.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, we see a lot of these.

RE: Infusion Pump Report Post
Mon Apr 11 2016Reply from Angelo

Do you have a fix for the 105 error?

Mon Apr 11 2016Reply from Smitty EBS

Elite Biomedical Solutions can repair the 105 error code along with all other mentioned error codes.  We offer a flat rate program with a typical 3 week turn time.   Our sales Rep Sarah Noggle will be in touch.

Thanks

Elite Biomedical Solutions

www.elitebiomedicalsolutions.com

Nathan Smith
Elite Biomedical Solutions
(855) 291-6701
Wed Dec 09 2020Reply from Ana Meds

Hi Dave M.  These Issues are related to the old or the new model???.. we would like to get this pump in our facility but I think th 360-ICU medical is better.

Thu Oct 28 2021Reply from tmwade

I'm seeing a lot of pumps with an Upstream Occlusion error. When I test them there is nothing wrong but ther error comes back about every 10 minutes. The sensors are all clean, what else can I look at? Is it a different software version with the anti-nuisance failure?  What do I look for?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree