Tue May 30 2017

Head of bed (fowler) does not go down

The head or fowler section of the bed does not go down. It will go up and the cpr allows it to go down but not the buttons on either side rail. I have checked for voltage and the solenoids are working. Also I have replaced both the valves yet still not fix. Can anyone help??

RE: Bed Report Post
Tue May 30 2017Reply from Marty L

This is a Totalcare bed. not sure why I cant see that in my description 

Wed May 31 2017Reply from MedWrench MM
MedWrench MM

DiaMedical USA may be able to assist you. Just be sure to tell them you were referred by MedWrench.

Jonathan F. Payne,
Media Manager @ MedWrench,
866-989-7057,
Jpayne@MedWrench.com
Wed May 31 2017Reply from Chris T. - DiaMedical USA
Chris T. - DiaMedical USA

Hi Marty,

I have a PDF version of the service manual for the TotalCare bed that I can send to you. This manual may have some good troubleshooting tips that can help isolate the problem. If you can provide your email address, I'd be happy to send it over.

Thanks and have a great day!

DiaMedical USA

Chris Taisey - Director of Sales and Service

877-593-6011

ctaisey@diamedicalusa.com
Wed May 31 2017Reply from Joe Sosnowski
The HOB down has been clogged with old valve particulate. To solve: - Lower HOB all the way down, then remove the HOB down valve (sorry). - Remove the valve bullet and spring from the valve body, then screw the valve body back in. This will create a constant HOB down condition. - Raise the HOB 15 degrees and place some serious weight on the HOB. (I use a chain hung from each head IV socket, both holding a 25kg weight). - Go home - Come in tomorrow and hopefully, the HOB will be fully lowered, indicating you blew the blockage through. Remove the HOB down valve and reinstall the bullet + spring. If the doesn't work, the whole hydraulic power unit (aka manifold) will need to be replaced. Sometimes it takes a day or two for the HOB to drop. Good luck! -

Wed May 31 2017Reply from Chris T. - DiaMedical USA
Chris T. - DiaMedical USA

Marty,

If you find that your hydraulic power unit is failing, you can send it in for repair for a flat rate of $695.00. This unit would come back to you with the same 1-year warranty as a brand new unit.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. 877-593-6011

DiaMedical USA

Chris Taisey - Director of Sales and Service

877-593-6011

ctaisey@diamedicalusa.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree