Mon Aug 17 2009

Self test error

Esteemed Listers Have any of you who owns the GE Avance anesthesia machines experienced the following: when you perform the machine self tests you get the leak >750 ml with the water trap condenser mounted on the breathing circuit assembly. Jiggling of the condenser will or will not make retests pass. If you remove the condenser and place plug cover on breathing assembly you get instant pass. It seems to us that the weight of the condenser assembly may be causing another joined port to leak. We have experienced a large amount of condenser failures and even the replacements are giving us leaking problems. The largest user complaints recently has been these leaking machine checks. Anyone in Biomedland feeling my same pain? Thanks for any advise or sympathy. David Stiles

RE: Anesthesia Gas Machine Report Post
Wed Aug 21 2013Reply from Ken

I have the same issues with the Aisys units.

Solution was to change the condensor with a new "dry" unit, stand the removed one topside down, so it drains and drys out. Water condenses and gets trapped in the convoluted tubing.

KK

Wed Aug 21 2013Reply from gcain

We had the same leak problem.  We have removed the condenser and put the cap on the machine.  This stopped the leak issue.   We kept some of the good condensers to use if needed.

Thu Aug 22 2013Reply from Cindy

We have had a few leak problems with the condensers. On one occasion they had bumped the condenser and the back side of the reservoir had moved outside of its seal. Another time there was a small piece of soda sorb between the drain plug seal and the reservoir wall. Couldn’t they make that seal a contrasting color to make this problem more obvious? I haven’t seen this yet but I hear that the mess of vertical tubes has a propensity to leak.

I see more leak problems, both breathing system & low pressure leaks caused by the EZ change module. I have had machines pass the system and circuit test (30 cmH2O) and fail the low pressure leak test (60cmH2O). The valve housing assembly was not completely seated or the O-rings were causing the leak. I guess we should consider this one of those job security designs and be thankful, but somehow it is just aggravating.

Thu Aug 22 2013Reply from Gantry
Gantry

You could use more liberal amounts of krytox grease for the seals, this helps.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree