Fri Sep 01 2017

Simulator suggestions?

Is there a special simulator for Holter monitors? I understand the pairs for the holter configuration. My question is if a special simulator is needed to test the holters or is there a way that a normal EKG simulator can drive one?? Sounds easy, but have been struggling with this with BC group. They suggested I try a normal EKG and that does not work with how they were telling me. I heard a special simulator is needed which drives the three pairs in a seven channel Holter like these GE units are. Suggestions guys? mrstan

RE: Electrocardiograph (EKG / ECG) Report Post
Fri Sep 01 2017Reply from Weekendmedic

I've used a standard 12 lead simulator to test holters for years.   Use the lead placement diagram from GE for holter, match colors up accordingly (my sim has the colors written next to the posts), set rhythm to NSR and start the holter.   Works just fine, be sure your sim is powered via AC adapter so it can run for 24/48 hours for a full test.

Has worked fine during my 12 years as a Cardiology tech, 5 years of IT/Imaging

Wed Sep 27 2017Reply from YuanTe

Yes, there are.

Please refer to the web site for more informtion.
https://broadsims.com/

These instruments provide environment for IEC related test.

Mon Jun 11 2018Reply from Stan Skaggs
Stan Skaggs

Normal EKG simulators will not work with the SEER holter units as they have three pairs of leads which focus on the heart only.  The normal simulators are limb leads with six chest leads associated with the limbs.  These will not work.  I have found one simulator from Yugoslovia which looks like it might work, but they have no vendor here in the states to purchase from.  Their simulator has the three pairs of heart probes.  I have a difficult time understanding how these monitors can be sold with no way to simulate heart patterns for it to validate them.

The leads are 1-, 1+, 2-, 2+, 3-, 3+.  each pair gives a vector through the heart to give different perspectives to track.  When the staff tells me the monitor is not working or lost its signal, I am forced to ship it to GE... The strange thing is that GE simply sends me a new module (at at price too).  No evaluation nor attempt to troubleshoot is possible or desired evidently.. I just dont get it...

mrstan.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree