Thu Sep 21 2017

Boot Error

How can I fix the boot error on Accuson Sequoia 512. It would not power on completely to go to the imaging screen.

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Fri Sep 22 2017Reply from SFT

What error are you receiving? If you are showing a 030 error this could be a bad hard drive or bad MO disk drive. I would try a new hard drive and reload software first as this is the most common cause of this issue. If you need further support feel free to reach to 1-800-958-9986

Scott Trefny
Avante Ultrasound 1-800-958-9986
Fri Sep 22 2017Reply from El Jefe

Sequoia hang on boot errors are caused by a number of different things. As SFT says check for a PUT error of 30 and follow his instructions. Make sure you perform the FAS backups and Feature Control keys printed out. Sometimes you have to manually enter these FC keys to turn on important system features.

You could start with the system powered off and hold the Gate key up with your thumb and use a finger to hold the S key down. Now power on the system and watch the boot sequence on the system monitor. If you see a PUT error then report that to this forum.

Another way to figure out the cause of no boot is to turn the system on normally and when the system progress bar stops take a photo and report that to the forum. You will see either an error code or a stage of the boot sequence. Quite often if the system hangs on something like "Starting Applications" you have corrupted software on your hard drive. You might have a bad hard drive but in my experience a software reload is usually the fix.

If you have corrupted software make sure you have done the backups as listed above and then order Software from Siemens. If you post the revision of Software I should be able to find the part number. Siemens sells almost anything if you have the part number. You must also have a Functional Location number starting with 400-xxxxxxx. This FL # takes days to set up if you don't have one so be ready for that.

You are better off posting to the forum but you can contact me directly if nobody responds.

Jeff Majors  Pinnacle Medical Imaging   www.pmijm.com

Tue Sep 26 2017Reply from mimran

I am thankful for your kind input, did all that what you asked. Reloaded the software, but still has a boot error. Its not 030 error. Afterwards tried to put in the backup disk but it wont let me since it keep on saying rebooting, I guess I did not put in the back up disk first, instead I just kept on pressing Multihertz key up and holding S down. Now I have oredered another hard disk because the earlier two were not compatible. This one should be as its same part number. I wish to load the software. Do I still have to put the back up disk also for reloading some other things. 

Wed Sep 27 2017Reply from El Jefe

If your system shows a yellow rebooting error and continues to go through the boot cycle but then reboots each time the yellow rebooting error shows then you most likely have a bad PIC board.

Since  you are not giving us a specific error or the point where the boot progress bar hangs, it is difficult to tell you anything but install a known good like for like hard drive and known good software, then report back.

Mon Sep 24 2018Reply from hmsawa

Hi I have the same problem and been advised that I need to access the boot log through RS 232 at the back of the machine (Sequoia S512) I am using Hyper Terminal tool. My problem right now is, I dont know the commands I need to access the boot log. Please help!!

Tue Jan 07 2020Reply from Dr.walid

How can I fix the boot error on Accuson Sequoia c512. It would not power on completely  to go to the imaging screen.

And no any error number appears just after report application step the boot stop

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree