Sat Oct 21 2017

My aplio 500 is running very very slowly

Let me expose this problem, but please have the patience to read it because it is too long. To install a B/W Sony printer on my Aplio 500 ,i called a "technician". Before doing this, he opened the machine and accessed the hard drive and told me that he will take a "system image" or "system copy" in anticipation of any possible malfunction of the machine in order to restore its normal functioning. I said you can have a backup without opening the machine, but he said it was the same thing. It was a bit weird for me but he continued to copy the "image system" from the hard drive and he did not listen to me. Then, he moved on to installing the printer and took three hours to do it (weird again!). When we restarted the system, many dialog boxes appear. Given this problem, he tried to restore the system by opening again the machine and plugging his small disk which contains "the system image" taken before. But he had trouble restoring the system. So he took the machine to his workshop, and after three days he returned it to me. But to my surprise, the printer was really installed, but the machine was running very very slowly and i access with difficulty to my archives because it takes a long time. In addition, the machine takes a long time to start (and a message "please wait" is always appearing) I don't understand what is happening but "the technician" tells me it's normal (!). No backup was given to me but only a copy of the famous "image system". Please, how to repair this?

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Sun Oct 22 2017Reply from BMET-KY

Making a system image is a good idea before making some changes. Depending on hpw it was made would determine if the system needs opened. I use Acronis thats on a bootable CD and back it up to an external HDD or thumb drive. IF you dont have a bootable version the HDD can be removed and using a docking station can be "imaged" Unfortunitly for your instance not knowing what was done could make things difficult. It could be as simple as recreating your Database which would delete all exams on your system, or reloading SW. My systems didn't come with software so you may have to call Toshiba to do that some 3rd party venders may be able to sell you a preloaded HDD that you would then just need to restore a backup on to.

Thu Nov 02 2017Reply from niceone

This was the problem:

After verification, we foud that this "technician" has completely formatted the disk before restoration

and installed a non-genuine Windows 7 professional copy.

Thank you all.

Fri Nov 03 2017Reply from niceone

Please erase my message of yesterday and all this storie. I apologize

Ouf: finaly the machine has been checked today by an expert who reassured me that everything was OK and Windows was the original one. The problem was a lot archives stored making saturation of the system.

He erased the oldest archives among them and now all is perfect.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree