Sat Nov 04 2017

Operating system not found

Hi Because of the system error, I found PC bios battery dead and replaced it. The bios shows only 2 drives along with cd rom. Probably the one on top mount with operating system is not shown up. I am trying to find new cable to be sure its not the cable responsible. If hard drive is the issue its bad news. There is no backup ghost cd in the system trolley unfortunately. Ill appreciate If someone can guide me what to do next. Further suggestions please. The system Pc specks are: Fujitsu Siemens pc computer Celsius M420 Model MTR-D1688. Windows XP pro Regards Altaf Baqir

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Mon Nov 06 2017Reply from Tomelgy

Hi Altaf

The M420 is the very first PC version used on generation 1 systems. This is very old and most likely the PC BIOS Battery has failed.

When you say there is no backup/software have a you checked/look in the very top compartment, with the cart back off, there are two hidden screws on the topfront  edge, when removed the top panel can be removed and accessed to the disks software tray where backups etc for whole system are normally stored.

If you have a generation 1 system & you have the image software it's possible to load BIOS: BUT, BUT!!! when you start the software install 'step 1' (after changing boot order in bios and with VB13C image software disk in CD-drive the first part of software install is for the BIOS, once the first stage is finished BEFOR DOING ANYTHING, REMOVED THE IMAGE DVD and then use Ctr + Alt + Del to restart PC..........IF YOU DO NOT REMOVED DVD When told it will start system software install and you will loose everything...

Once PC restarted you might be amazed (& lucky) to k\have a working system. If all is working, replace BIOS Battery & perform Bios install again.

Regards

Tom

Fri Nov 24 2017Reply from Baqir

Hi Tom

Thank you. Unfortunately C hard drive is not detectable, seems dead. There is no backup software in the trolley (double checked). If I can find hard drive, the other challenge is where to find software to install. Is there any place to find software? Any other Siemens C-Arm?. How to copy and steps to install?

regards

Altaf  Baqir 

Fri Nov 24 2017Reply from Tomelgy

Hi Altaf Baqir

The Arcadis BIOS if set wrong will only detect two HDD because of AHCI/Raid setting must be correct.

A suggestion, swap the connector from one HDD to the none detected HDD to see if its detected (this will be a simple check).

If the suspected HDD is detected then you have a BIOS setting problem.

The next challeng is to identify which model Arcadis you have & the PC model, for example: M420, M430, M450, M460, M470, M470-2 etc. etc.

The Arcadis Gen 1 uses software VB13C plus bugfixes 1 to 4, I beleive.

The Arcadis Gen 2 uses software VC10*. 

Once you know the PC model number you can search for the BIOS disk, or another suggestion could be, when you access BIOS it gives you the BIOS name & Version.

Tom

Fri Dec 01 2017Reply from Baqir

Hi Tom

The Arcadis is gen 1 with pc Celsius M420, bios is Phoenix Bios version 4.06. Can’t swap hard disc cable to that not detected as its cable is different to other two drives. It’s coming from SCSI card adopter from motherboard. How can I set AHCI/Raid setting manually as bios backup disc is not available, only upgrades for bios is available

Best regards

Altaf Baqir

Sat Dec 02 2017Reply from Tomelgy

PC type M420 and M430 BIOS installation:

(BIOS password: pwd4sp)
NOTE PC type M450 BIOS installation:
The BIOS installation for PC type M450 is described in the
next section. Skip this section.
BIOS installation (first part)
 Switch on the system using the on button on the monitor trolley.
 As soon as text is displayed on the left monitor, press the “F2” key on the keyboard.
 The BIOS login window is displayed.
NOTE If the BIOS battery was discharged and replaced, the BIOS
setup password is lost. In that case, the BIOS login window
will not be displayed. Instead, the BIOS main window will be
displayed.
Fig. 28: Bios_PW
 Enter the BIOS password and confirm it by pressing the “Enter” key.
 The main BIOS window is displayed. (See note above.)

Open the DVD drive tray.
 Insert the BIOS CD “SP ASPIA VB13C Bios CD”, material no. 10140796 (or a later
released BIOS version).
NOTE The BIOS CD 10140796 includes the BIOS versions for PC
type M420 and PC type M430.
During the BIOS installation procedure, the correct BIOS version
will be automatically selected and transferred.
 Close the DVD drive tray.
 To load the default BIOS configuration, press the “F9” key on the keyboard.
 The <Setup Configuration> window with the question “Load default configuration
now? [Yes] [No]” is displayed.
 Use the cursor keys to select [Yes] and press the “Enter” key.
 The default BIOS configuration is loaded.
 The boot sequence is changed.
 The CD-R drive is now the first bootable device.
 A boot up from the CD-R drive is possible.
 The BIOS main window is displayed again.

If the BIOS battery was discharged and replaced, use the cursor keys to select the
“Main” menu, then select the line “System Time:” and press the “Enter” key.
 Enter the correct time (hour + “Enter” key, minutes + “Enter” key , seconds +
“Enter” key).
 If the BIOS battery was discharged and replaced, use the cursor keys to select the
“Main” menu, then select the line “System Date:” and press the “Enter” key.
 Enter the correct date (month + “Enter” key, day + “Enter” key, year + “Enter” key).
 If the BIOS battery was discharged and replaced, use the cursor key to select the
"Setup Password:" menu and then the line “Set Setup Password:” and press the “Enter”
key.
 Enter the correct BIOS password, published in the XP password list.
 Press the “Enter” key.
 Confirm the BIOS password in the next line and press the “Enter” key again.
NOTE DO NOT enter a system password!
Enter only the setup password (BIOS password).
 Press the “ESC” key 2 times until the “Exit” menu is selected.
 Use the cursor keys to select the line “Save Changes & Exit” and press the “Enter” key.
 The <Setup Confirmation> window with the question “Save configuration
changes and exit now? [Yes] [No]” is displayed.

Use the cursor keys to select [Yes] and press the “Enter” key.
 The BIOS configuration will be stored and the PC reboots automatically.
 The PC boots from the CD-ROM media.
 After the boot up, some scripts are executed and different messages are displayed.
The PC reboots automatically and additional scripts are executed.
 Wait until the following messages are displayed:
 BIOS installation done - System ready for software installation.
 Please remove the BIOS CD!
 Please turn off power or reset system.
 C:\>
 The DVD drive tray opened automatically.
 DO NOT remove the CD-R from the drive tray!
 Close the DVD drive tray.
BIOS installation (second part)
 Switch off the system by pressing the “Reset” key located underneath the monitor trolley
keyboard. Use a pen to press the “Reset” key.
- Pressing the “Reset” key switches off the system.
- Wait about 5 seconds.
- Switch on the system by pressing the ON switch on the monitor trolley.
 The PC boots from the CD-ROM media.

After the reboot, some scripts are executed and different messages are displayed.
The PC reboots automatically. Additional scripts are executed.
 Wait until the following messages are displayed:
 BIOS installation done - HIPAA installed.
 Please remove the BIOS CD!
 The DVD drive tray opened automatically.
 The PC reboots automatically.
NOTE If the PC does not reboot automatically, switch off the system
by pressing the “Reset” key located underneath the
monitor trolley keyboard. Use a pen to press the “Reset” key.
Wait about 5 seconds. Then switch on the system by pressing
the ON key on the monitor trolley.
The system boots up.
 The syngo application software starts.
 Open the DVD drive tray and remove the CD-R from the drive tray.
 Close the CD drive tray.
 Wait until the system is ready for use.
 The BIOS installation is finished.

Shut off the system.
Final work steps
 Reconnect the network connectors to the PC.
 Reconnect the local printer cables (power and USB connector).
 Reconnect the previously removed protective conductor wires.
 Connect the basic unit to the monitor trolley (X10 connector).
 Install and fasten all previously removed covers.
 Disconnect the power plug from the wall socket.
 Perform a protective conductor resistance test of the system
 The protective conductor resistance must not exceed 0.2 ohms.
 Connect the power plug to the wall socket and switch on the system.
 Perform a short function check of the complete system.

Send me an email address & I can send you images or M420 BIOS!

Tom

Sat Dec 02 2017Reply from Baqir

Thanks Tom. I appreciate helping me to out to troubleshoot.

i don’t have BIOS CD “SP ASPIA VB13C Bios CD”, material no. 10140796. I have no idea how to get it.

My email address is

drabaqir@yahoo.com

Thu Mar 19 2020Reply from S ZAM

Hi everybody, 

I need SW for Arcadis Avantic VB13C for PC M430, does someone can help me? I just have for PCM450 not compatible.

Fri Mar 20 2020Reply from Tomelgy

The M450 PC was released in later Generation 1 systems so it is compatible with M420/M430 but you will need BIOS & correct version of M450 Imager/Syngo software.

In the monitor cart at the very top is a hidden compartment, the screws are accessable once the back ccover is removed, the two Philips screws are along the front edge. Have to looked into this compartment?

With VB13C imager/Syngo software, the first stage is to load the BIOS. The second stage loads the imager software from scratch, meaning you will lose all data.

As explained earlier, if you have imager/Yngo software VB13C for M430, you can change the boot order & start the auto BIOS install......BUT, BUT at the end of BIOS install it will state BIOS installed press any key to continue install. DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY, edject the CD/DVD then press Ctr + Alt+ Del twice to restart M430 PC & if lucky the imager will start to run Syngo.

Tom

Sun Jun 07 2020Reply from alanmiller

Tomelgy - have followed your posts for a while and can see you're a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for all that you have help - was hoping you might be able to help me.

I have a 2007 Gen 1 Siemens Varic with Celsius M450. Was trying to diagnose an intermittent boot issue (sometimes boots / sometimes doesn't usually stops when monitor hits 3 or 4 on screen, sometimes later in sequence).  One of the things I tried was reseating RAM and reset the CMOS.  Resetting CMOS did, as you can expect - killed my boot from the RAID drives. There were no problems with them or disc errors before. 

I checked the "secret" compartment and did not find any factory boot disks - only System backup CDs that appear somewhat worthless. 

I would like to follow your boot sequence but don't have the VB13C software (I assume this works for M450 as well as M430).  

Anyway you could help me?

Thanks! Alan

alanmiller@gmail.com

Sun Jun 07 2020Reply from Tomelgy

Hi Alan

Yes, resetting bios will kill the boot sequence.

If you don't have the BIOS disk in the compartment you have one other option.

Disconnect the Main system X10 SG connection & the PC ethernet connector.

Start the PC & select F2 or Del during boot to access BIOS, BIOS passowrd is pwd4sp.

Select/change boot sequence to CD/DVD first. Now put the VB13C software disk 1 of 2 in drive & select ctr+alt+del twice to restart PC.

The BIOS will be loaded first then you will get a screen message 'Press any key to continue' at this point you must remove the VB13C disk otherwise it will load VB13C & you will lose all data. Press Ctr+alt+del twice again to restart PC, it should run syngo.

Some suggestions:-

1) You can download diagnostics software from Siemens Fujitsu website. When you run this diagnostics CD/DVD you can get a false positive RAM failure. Run this test 3 or 4 times.

2) Check the installed RAM via settingssystem, make sure you have 2G, adding more RAM will help but must be same type RAM.

3) You could try deleting the exchangeboard, during start-up it will rebuild exchangeboard and help clean database.

4) Using Google 'how to delete windows logs & temp folders', this can help cleanup system.

5) If you have a good backup, you could reload VB13C software.

6) Removal as many PCconnections as posssible & see it it syngo to number 29/35 (Varic) 45/50 (Orbic)

Let me know how you get-on.

Tom

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree