Mon Dec 11 2017

long cycle times

my unit is taking nearly double since the last visit of the service team. our facility has since decided to cancel that contract and keep the money in house. It is now mine to troubleshoot, I have looked at all seals, and valves, and the steam trap, and have not been able to come up with why the cycles are taking so long, I checked the printout, and it appears that it is reaching pressure and temperature but it is taking quite a while to do so. I checkes service inputs, steam it at 60 psi, 287 degrees Fahrenheit, vapor quality is unknown. Water is at 60 psi, 70 degrees Fahrenheit. I am pretty new to the BIOMED world, any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Sterilizers/Autoclaves Report Post
Wed Dec 13 2017Reply from Mark Fisher - Service Manager Auxo

Heat exchanger and check valves, drain valve and trap of chamber should help

Mark S Fisher - Vice President
Contract Sales & Service Manager, Auxo Medical LLC
www.auxomedical.com

Thu Dec 14 2017Reply from barkyboy

Sounds like the boiler is not producing enough steam.

First I would check that the elements are all working. A boiler can produce the necessary pressure and temperature but slow to get to that point,  I recently had a similar situation and troubleshooting revealed that only one element out of 3 was working.  Replacement of the elements cured that.

Another problem is that depending on your water quality, boilers have a tendency to build up a lot of sediment and mineral deposits, which decrease the useable volume of steam in the vessel. The only way to correct this is to remove the elements and scrape out the sediment in the boiler and replace all the elements at the same time. Its a good idea to replace the contactors too while you're at it.. This will make the unit more efficient.

Barkyboy
Tue Dec 19 2017Reply from Kara Crissman

Dear thaggerty_8648,

We came across your post about the AMSCO Century V116 Sterilizer. We have a dedicated Service Support team who can help. Please provide us with your preferred method of contact or call 1-800-333-8828 for assistance.

Sincerely,

Kara Crissman
STERIS Corporation

Wed May 16 2018Reply from donniev

check s1 valve or check6 needs adjusted

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree