Sat Dec 23 2017

Bed wont go sown

My sis was playing with buttons on bed. Now the bed will not go straight down. The bed goes in trendelenburg if you press the bed down button or will go And reverse trendelenburg if you press the bed up button.The bed is all the way up. It was working fine before. The bed also has the chair in chair out feature

RE: Bed Report Post
Sun Dec 24 2017Reply from Ian Deare
Ian Deare

I don't know that model, but first things first; try the re-set procedure, these differ by manufacter and model; try pressing different button combinations: check the connections are all good: If there are there two sets of controls, try isolating the potentialy faulty one. If you can, replace the foot actuator in a known good connection (ie. Backrest) to check actuator function.

Most common faults are: loose connections, and broken handset wires. (If the bed has the controls in the side panels, internal wires can break at the hinge points. This may be beyond normal repair procedures)

Do not expect an answer from Hill-Rom. I am still waiting for an answer to a query from 24 December three years ago!

I've just looked up this model, looks like side panel controls, you may also have foot controls, check nothing is inadvertently pressing a control (unlikely) and remember using the manual CPR lever should bring the bed platform level, and down to the lower position every time. Best of luck,

Ian Deare TMIET

Acute Hospital Bed Technician

NHS Grampian

Ian Deare TMIET
Acute Profiling Bed Technician

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree